1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Weighted clothing

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Krusha, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a good online store for weighted training clothes?
    Gloves and vests in particular.

If you wanna really help you could find a paypal store that has XL sizes and weights at least 1 Kilogram for gloves and 5 Kilograms for vests

2. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

Google is your friend!

www.google.com

3. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

Google has been of almost NO help whatsoever in this matter ;)

Still haven't found "proper" weighted clothing, i filled a jacket with sand and strapped some metal to a pair of glovez but id't be great to have proper gear.

4. XtremeBlade

XtremeBlade Well-Known Member

Try here, http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/dolphin-fitness
    If you don't mind me ask what do you needs these for?

5. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

I cant remember all the good brands out there but Kettler was a decent brand at all these gym exercising equipment and accessories. Maybe you could look up a list of brands and eBay them?

6. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

You sir, are a jackass
    and no those results DID NOT help.

Thanks I'm checking this site now
    And basically I need them for stamina through resistance training, medical reasons though, not trying to buff up :p

Thanks, ill keep Kettler in mind but I don't really trust Ebay

7. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

how did you do that wolf2657 haha xD

8. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

www.lmgtfy.com

9. Rymel

Rymel Member

it's not weighted clothing, but have you tried weighted vests from vmax or ironman? they're usually adjustable by 1-2lb increments, and some of those same companies also make bicep/thigh/shin/ankle weights. technically you could do away with weights entirely and move into strictly bodyweight training with these, but it can get expensive.

also, instead of relying on heavier clothing and such, why not just try bodyweight exercises? sometimes they're harder than machines. i've bought a few books from mattfurey.com and looked at oldtimestrongman.com and they have some good stuff that pretty much does away with common methods and goes back to more traditional types.

failing that, you could always go to a seamstress and have them sew you some custom heavyweight gear. since karate gi uniforms are already made of heavyweight cotton, maybe you could either wear two of them (you'd be sweatin balls though) or have a tailor sew you a custom gi with a double or even triple layer of the stuff, if you can find it by the roll. but to be honest your best bet is probably a weighted vest.