1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Websites And Falsified Banning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheFreakinDuck, Oct 9, 2009.

1. TheFreakinDuck

TheFreakinDuck Well-Known Member

My roommate (Prophetic Wind) and I have recently been banned from an online game site because we live together. They falsely accused us of being the same person and using multiple accounts when we have soild evidence that we are in fact not in violation of any banning rules.

They refused to unban us anyway. Do you think we have been wronged in anyway and deserve some form of compensation? Feel free to discuss.

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Who knows, it's up to the admin's descretion, I'm sure if you have proof here they won't ban you.

3. TheFreakinDuck

Well the thing is that they're refusing to hear us out. No offense to people who run websites, but I think anyone who doesn't give an accused a fair trial to be heard out is a power abuser.

If the admin feels that he or doesn't need to hear us out I'll turn the other cheek but I will not reccomend people join the site. Plus they didn't even put any multi user account information in the rules.

They stuck it up on a forum after they banned us and refused to set it in their terms of service.

4. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

i gotta warn my sister and brother who uses this site too

5. TheFreakinDuck

What? No. It's not Romulation. It's an MMORPG website. This site has done NOTHING wrong.

That's it....from now on whenever I have a discussion topic I am keeping my mouth shut. No more will people misread my messages. Will an admin please close this topic and remind to never ask for advice on these forums again?

6. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Oh well, it's actually OK for me. At least you've made us learn from this problem. Never thought something like that can result in banning both MMORPG IDs... :(

7. TheFreakinDuck

It happens, Kamu. And we're both on another MMO as well that a mutual friend (I don't know if he's on here or not) reccomended to us, and I'm actually afraid to log in to my account on that site.

8. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

You give up after one member read your post incorrectly? That's quite harsh.

And you should get the admins of the MMO to figure it out for you.

9. marcy

marcy Guest

I think those admins must be quite hard-headed there.
    I hope for you that they use their brain soon.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

sorry, but at the end of the day it is the admin's discretion who they ban and why. That will have been part of the terms and conditions you agreed to when you signed up. You can't do anything about it.

11. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Its the admins discretion if they ban you, if its a free, you cant argue with that. But if you are paying like a month worth of gameplay, then you can sue them, its your right cause you are paying for satisfaction. If multiple accounts is in their Terms, and you are found guilty of violating it, you must prove to them why you have not violated it.

Are you paying them for you to play? Then, have their terms and conditions printed and sue them, most of those pay-sites have address in the about us or contact us. But if you are playing for free, follow the rules, if they dont want to listen to your defense, you cant do anything about it, ban is a ban.

Just rant it in the rants forum here, or post it in your blog about the incident.

12. TheFreakinDuck

That's the weird thing, I didn't see that rule in the terms and conditions at all. Most of the terms were the typical "You may not harass other users, you must be courteous to all other players." I pretty much gave up trying to contact them though. They don't give us a fair hearing I don't care.

@damanali: I did pay for a special in-game item that lets me buy weapons and make my player account a Premium Account. That only cost me 19.99 for 120 of the item (gemstomes)

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Hrm...

This is why I don't let my brother use my laptop to download for himself...

Now-my house has 2 ips-but both hard horrible net...no point downloading masses of games if both run about 6kbs XD

It's a shame that's happened-not much as looney said-he has a point-fair or not-they are in charge...

But since you pay...prehaps sueing them-or legal action-may be advised XD

(but talk to them-present proof-and if that fails-threaten-as LAST resort-but that's just opinion talking-never had this happen...I use the net for free except for cost to use...)

14. TheFreakinDuck

They won't even contact me so I can't offer up the proof. But provided I can get the proper and affordable legal council (because being a budget is horrible) I'll probably try to get my account and his reactivated at the least until I use up all my gemstones (I have 40 left)

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Present proof regardless-if you can send them email or pm's with...say pic's-then do do.

(thought they may ignore..might think it's a virus..hrm...)

But let this be a lesson-never shared 2 accounts on the same ip adress-or pc for that matter...

(my house may have 2 ip adresses-but I used both so it's a risk...that and both are horribly slow-not even woth it)

16. TheFreakinDuck

I don't even know how to get a second IP address with Comcast. Worst internet company I've dealt with. But yeah, I learned that lesson. I found a game where the head admin told me we could join on the same IP and that to warn the other game admins that we were two different people and be ready with proof if need be.

So that's one good thing I learned. Always contact the game admin to be safe first.

17. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

You're a premium member and they banned you? Get legal advise. If do have proof that you are 2 person sharing 1 IP, then show it to your counsel. But i think the most that you will get is the refund. But remember, being a premium has its limit, for example, its only for 1 month, then you used the month you paid and returned being a regular, you can't get the refund cause you already used the month that you had paid for the premium.

What game is it? Also, you should have posted this in the Rant Section. And let loose all your hard feelings about it. Its like a Online game called ragnarok that I used to play, got banned because i was suspected of finding glitches without reporting it which was totally not true. But well, its a free-beta stage so i didnt cared when banned.

18. MitsukaiXxX

MitsukaiXxX Well-Known Member

Can i ask what game it is.....

Ive play hundreds of MMORPG'S and some most of them have really bad mods and smods,and they are really rude and dont seem to give a poop about the players...only getting cash off them :(...

But yea i have been kicked off some.....for stupid reasons ...like using the word crap :(....i dint even get a trial just banned :(

Oh yea also ......a mmorpg claimed i was cheating becasue i had PG2 installed and i was hidding my ISP......

Pg2 aint even a ISP hidder XD....and i wouldnt be able to register if my IP was hidden(which it wasnt).....

So yea lots of stupid staff on most MMORPG'S

19. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

No. Their site/game, they can do whatever the hell they want without having to give any sort of "compensation". Just like I could ban 200 random users right now if I felt like it. I created it, I own it, I can do what I want. A website is private property, no one has a right to have access to it.

What you can do, though, is contact your credit card company and have them reverse the payment on account of fraud. (If it's not too long ago that you bought them)