1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Webpage Hosting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iamlegend, Mar 12, 2007.

1. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Im looking to start a bit of a website...about nothing in particular..just miscellaneous (is that how you spell it?) stuff..I have a few webcomics in the works and the like
    Whats a good hosting site?..I dont want to pay for hosting as Im a cheap-ass and for now this is just something to pass the time..
    Can anyone help me? (again)

2. Prototype

Prototype Well-Known Member

well if you dont want to pay for hosting then postem here wed be happy to take a look at your comics :p

3. iamlegend

They're still in the works mate..and how would I post them here..?

4. Reider

Reider Modereider

Upload to imageshack or something like that, and copy the link it gives you right into your post.

For example:
    Just in case anyone asks, this isn't my comic.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

talk to me in a week or so about website hosting; I have a hosting business. Site was going to launch this weekend but was postponed due to a panic over a university assignment deadline. (False alarm, thankfully)

6. Prototype

Prototype Well-Known Member

As you can see Iamlegend. if you ask the right questions well give you the right answers, muahahahaa :p :p

7. iamlegend

Well Loony unless you're going to give me free hosting for...well...being me really...Im afraid Im going to have to give it a miss...cause..as I said..Im a cheap ass...I dont put money into anything unless I get some out..like savings accounts..now they're a good idea

8. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

If it's just web comics then I'll have something VERY interesting for you in a few months time.

9. iamlegend

Well its not just webcomics..but...I'm intrigued (is that how you spell it?)

10. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Let's just say I've regged comicconvict.com. :)

11. Cynic

Cynic Member

There's lots of free hosting sites out there. I myself use f2o (which has changed management but still has a free plan) for my now-defunct blog and AP Comp Sci homework. The free plan's at http://hostprogressive.com/webhosting/plans/f2o/index.php. It's really good, but applications are apparently closed right now. Oh, and you need to have knowledge of html or whatever you desire. But it's really good.

Brinkster http://www.brinkster.com has free hosting too (scroll down and click free web hosting on the bottom left). Just a small link ad on the bottom, nothing too intrusive. (Last time I checked.) It's a bit more user-friendly.

There's others, but those are filled with ads, and I can't remember the good ones at the moment. There's Freewebs, but the last time I used it (which was about... 5 years ago) it has a limit of 7 pages. And Bravehost... I had something against it, but I don't remember what. o_O And there are sites specifically for webcomics, but I can't remember those either.

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Not free, but very cheap :) One of my packages is specifically aimed at hard-up people such as students.

13. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Again, the student gets a discount... lol