1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Warning System

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Natewlie, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I think a warning system would be a fine addition to forum.

"OH WHAT IS THAT O GREAT NATALIE?"

WELLLLLLLLLL.

[​IMG]
    You know it's true​

Basically, if a member gets warned for doing something against the rules, the staff will be able to issue a warning, on that specific post detailing why it got warned and so on. There's three levels on this warning system.

Warnings are only warnings (obviously) with no privileges taken away.

Moderated, which means all the posts by the respective member are being moderated by staff and they can chose to let the post be visible or not.

And of course ban. Which is obvious.

Well, I think this is a large improvement to the system in place now. As Hypr said in IRC, this warning system has been in place on GameMasters and it made some members who have been warned/moderated into respectable members of the forum. I think it'll improve how people get warned, as I and a couple of others have been instabanned with no warnings, not a single one.

According to the rules we should get 3 warnings before a ban.

So ehhhhh

2. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Seconded. I liked this system on GM - it worked well, and it made sure that people didn't just disappear with no accountability.

Seriously, having loony or Seph on your ass is like the fucking Gestapo. Slip up just once, and you'll disappear without a trace. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Our moral compass, so basically no one, thus the peril of being the sys-admin.

As for the warning system, it was already in place for like half a year after we upgraded the forum, none of us really used it, though.

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Oh,
    when was that?
    During 'that' time??
    O.O

5. Reider

Reider Modereider

We actually had it? If we did, it must've been exclusive to you and loony since I never saw it...

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

We did, the link was under user profiles.