1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Warioware Twisted VBAGX Wii

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Fah11277, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Fah11277

Fah11277 Member

Hey guys, I'm using vbagx 2.1.6 to emulate a rom of Warioware Twisted I downloaded from Romulation. When I play the game it says "CALIBRATING! Don't move your Gameboy Advance!" and it hangs there. Has anyone managed to get this game to work on this version of the emulator?

2. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

I have exactly the same problem, but sometimes I can get it to work. But I don't know how. Maybe try going into the options and set it to "match Wii controls" or something (can't quite remember what the option is called). I'm not sure what that option does, but it might help.

3. Fah11277

Fah11277 Member

Well, I tried again using Match Wii Controls but the same problem continued... Maybe the ROM here is not working all the time..

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You need the patch for the game.

Check here - http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=6326.0

It's near the bottom of the first post.

5. Fredbox

No, in this case the emulator supports using the Wii's tilt sensing to control the game, no patching needed (just sometimes it doesn't seem to work). You could play it using that patch, but then you might as well emulate it on the PC.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That is very interesting.

So, it would also work with Yoshi's Topsy Turvy/Universal Gravity in theory.

7. Fredbox

Possibly. If the developer has added support for WWT then they probably did for YTT.

EDIT: I just looked it up, all three games with tilt sensors work. And I think to get past the calibration screen you should hold B, this locks the emulated gyroscope, so it thinks you are holding it perfectly still.
    "Nunchuk C button or Wii Remote B button will now make calibration easy by locking the
    gyroscope".
    But that might not work.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Thank you, I'll test this out on a clean dumped rom.

9. Fredbox

I just tried it wi a clean rom and it works really well! You just have to have "Match Wii Controls" on, and hold B while it's calibrating. Sometimes during games or menus it will go a bit out of synch, but in-between microgames just hold it level and it automatically re-calibrates. And you can always lock the gyroscope on the menus (hold B again) and put the controller where you want it. So it's definitely playable.

10. Segtendo

Segtendo Member

I tried the "Match Wii Controls" with Twisted. It took a while to calibrate for me.

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I still need to try. :p

I haven't been able to play the Wii for a bit.

12. Fredbox

Did you do the "hold B on the Wii remote" thing? It should only take a few seconds when you do that.

13. Terrum

Terrum Member

Thanks for this it was extremely helpful. The only problem is for me is that it's extremely sensitive. I move my wiimote less than 1cm tilted to the left or right and it goes crazy (to the other end of the menu selections for example). Any suggestions?

14. Fredbox

I don't remember it being over-sensitive, so it could be that there's some problem with your setup. I'll test it when I can and see if it's that sensitive for me. It might just be that's how it is and I just got used to it.

15. Terrum

Terrum Member

I wouldn't know how to change my setup. I just got the rom, put it on vbagx on my wii and watched it hang until i saw this forum and did the "press b" thing and it worked; But then the sensitivity is mad and i only have to tilt it ever so slightly and it would go crazy. I can show a video if i'm not explaining very well.

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Just try messing with the control settings of VBAGX.