1. This forum is in read-only mode.

WarioWare D.I.Y. stuff gone wrong?

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Inunah, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I've been trying to make a game with seemingly random stuff.... But so far i've only found one way to do it that DOESN'T work with my idea. When I do it like another officially made game, it goes exactly the way I told it not to.

Though i've since scratched that game, I still want to know.

How DO I create games with seemingly randomized stuff?

BTW, this is on a retail cart, if you were wondering... So the stuff not going the way I ask it is NOT flashcart related.

2. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Could you post your help with more detail? I don't get what your saying.

3. Coojy

Coojy Member

I think what you mean is you want somthing to happen at random. Somtimes it does, somtimes it dosn't. If this is what you mean I can help! You need to create a 1pxl object called "dummy" or somthing similar. It does need to be painted though so I reccomend white. Then you make it appear on off stage in a long area the width of the stage. Then in scripts you make the object switch turn on when on the left half of the screen. This gives whatever you want to happen a 50-50 chance of being one art or the other. (sorry for the lengthy explanation but it was needed) If you want to make somthing a 1in4 chance just copy the dummy. (Don't worry about overlapping)
    When you beat the first tutorials you learn this stuff in the underground dojo
    Hope I helped! ;)