1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Want to know how to get copied games to work easily on a grey PS1

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by idpaul, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idpaul

idpaul Active Member

Then check this video out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE1HPj6j7dk

Explanation's are in the video description

2. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

What the video is showing is what I call a "Mod Pod" it plugs into the I/O serial port in the back of the older "Fat" Playstation 1 systems and allows you to load up an import or back-up PSX disk some work right off, but some you have to use a retail disk and do a swap disk duing the boot-up right before the "PS" fades off the screen. But I have heard that this can be done without any device, it just takes very good timing and patience.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

..what about the old swap method?

By listening to disc moter on some older ps1's you could play back up games without paying for anything but the blank disc you used.

4. idpaul

idpaul Active Member

At the time I couldnt get the cheat cartridge to work so I tried loads of differant things like waiting till the ps1 logo dissapears and then switching the disc but after a couple of days i got the cheat cartridge to work.
    I found this to be an easier way to get the copied disc to play, much easier than other methods. so when I made the video my intentions was to show the viewers that I had descovered a easy way to do the PS1 Swap trick method.
    and i hope that I have done that

5. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Ah...I miss read the topic. Which is nothing new this week.

6. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

I had a special Mem card that was hacked from the kind you got with the Special FF8 and it allowed me to play back-ups but only if they were made on a certain LG drive i cant remember which

7. obelisksound

obelisksound Member

I thought that there was a special swapdisc and spring kit that allowed you to do the same thing... i can't remember if it was made by the swapmagic people or another company, but it's harder than heck to find now, and... im sure that helped a whole lot. Sorry.
    By the way, Original Poster's Link is dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.