1. This forum is in read-only mode.

wait for ds r4i new cart

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by wildog, Aug 25, 2009.

1. wildog

wildog Well-Known Member

R4i
    new version to be released on August 10th?

Latest news on the R4i Gold site makes it sound as if they will release a new card on August 10th, this new card will combat the blocks found on DSi Firmware v1.4. In case you have been out of the loop , a couple of days ago R4i Gold website posted a video showing an R4i card running under firmware v1.4. No details were given at the time as to if this fix could be achieved via a simple card update. They have today posted news that the fix requires them to release a new card and have apologized for any inconvenience caused.

via R4ids.com discuss here thanks to phoenixclaws for the news

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Sounds like a worthless card if they are just going to be releasing new cards rather than firmware fixes.

Also, I thought the R4i that released the video was not the Gold, but the first R4i (from what I understand, it's a fairly decent one, at least it has an active developer). Seems like this "R4i Gold" card is just trying to promote itself as the "fixed R4i" even though the other R4i already has a fixed 1.4 firmware available.

3. sf1215

sf1215 Well-Known Member

4. nanny09

nanny09 New Member

please sum1 help!....

which card is suitable to use on dsi and what do i need to do to make it work

plse give me info which is idiot proof.

5. spencer1541

spencer1541 New Member

Now all the flashcart in the market can work in dsi 1.4 version well.as I know the price is higher than other cards.now have a new gold card in the market.have msn function.Realtime skin and language changing.It seems the name is R4i-gold,their website is
    www.r4i-gold.com.