1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Wait for a patch or buy an Acekard?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Loerch, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Loerch

Loerch Member

Hey,

I recently picked up a used r4i-gold for a few bucks from a buddy. Pokemon Platinum works flawlessly and all, but it's been two weeks since the US Roms were released and as everyone else I'm waiting for a patch. I'm using the newest 1.31 Firmware, but that one is from january so I think the card doesn't get updates anymore.
    I'm unsure whether I should keep waiting for a patch/new firmware or just pay 17 bucks and buy a acekard 2i. The japanese Rom that is translated into english doesn't do it for me, it's been awhile since I played pokemon and while playing platinum on german I only remembered a few pokemon/attacks, so playing in english is even worse.
    Buying an acekard seems k cause it gets update and I could play new games aswell.

2. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Buy an Acekard...

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yep.

4. Sora1234

Sora1234 Well-Known Member

Your friend just ripped you off. Anyway, just getting a Acekard 2i. Reasons?

1.Fast Updates
    2.Pretty Good Looking OS
    3.AKAIO
    4.The price
    5.It's made full of win.

5. Loerch

Loerch Member

I'd say 2 bucks for flashcard that plays most games is pretty decent when you have no flashcard.
    I guess I'll go for an Acekard then. Sucks that the only german site I can find takes ages to deliver, but whatever.
    Thanks for the help everyone.

EDIT: Another quick question. Can I simply copy my roms/savegames from my r4i-gold to the acekard?

6. apolloweegee

apolloweegee Active Member

http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php#
    use this to convert your saves to acekard

7. Fionn

Fionn Active Member

Get a CycloDS if you have the money. Better card, I have both.

8. totallydood

totallydood Guest

I just got my Acekard 2i today and it works perfectly with Pokemon HG/SS! Id say buy an Acekard and get rid of your R4

9. NeoHack

NeoHack Well-Known Member

Well Acekard is not the only good card out there! There's Supercardone i which I saw reviews and was pretty good so I ordered one, and I heard CycloDS is preety good too,and there's also edge which is more simple but gets updated frequently too.

10. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Seriously I'd wait for a patch unless you can find a cheap Acekard that comes with a free 4gb Micro SD.

11. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

But if you already have a SD card then you just need the Acekard.

12. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the 4gb Micro SD is just so you can go to a gullible friend and say "Hey, I have an R4 and a 4gb works on it. You try!" so the friend will go FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

13. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

Comparing both the acekard goes better, DSi support (2i) and they alternate on firmware update (CycloDS won with WW D.I.Y) but acekard wins (for me at least) because it is much cheaper than CycloDS.

14. Chris2k9

Chris2k9 Active Member

Acekard has quicker updates ;)

15. paulthegreen

paulthegreen Well-Known Member

buy acekard 2. BUT REMEMBER TO BACK-UP lol.