1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Visualboyadvance on DS

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Alithepro1, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alithepro1

Alithepro1 Well-Known Member

I don't know if there is allready an topic about it but i have some trouble getting my Visualboyadvance on my DSTT. does anyone know how you do it or what programme you need to download ? a link would be nice.
    I have a Visualboyadvance on my computer and when you click it you get a GBA and you can open the GBA file but if i copy it on my DSTT it doesn't work. so if anyone know how you put it on your DSTT or what you need to do please help because i wanna play GBA games on my ds. i have the first Normal gray DS if that matters so i still have an GBA port.

2. Alithepro1

I want to play GBA games on my DSTT

3. Quake90

Quake90 Well-Known Member

you have to have a slot 2 card, or else you wont be able to play GBA games at all.

in your explanation of your problem you're not clear about the fact that you're using a slot 2 card or not...

4. Alithepro1

I'm not using a slot 2 card i only have the DS card and a micro SD but i read on the internet that you can put the programme Visualboyadvance on the DSTT DS card but i don't know how.

5. sadboy

sadboy Guest

you need a gba 3in1 expasion pack to play gba roms are new ds cart wich runs new gba emulator best bet to get gba 3in1 expasion pack cost 22$

6. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Yea... Its about 18$ on DealExtreme though, but it takes forever too get to America. An acekard is better to passme a 3in1 expansion.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Visual advance is a gba emulator for the pc only.

If you want that working you will need a slot 2 card-the best option is the ezy 3 in 1 flash card.

Load the gmes into the dstt and just boot them off like ds games.

Try online for one-if you were in australia I know a shop but I doubt you'd be here XD

(Try ebay)

8. Alithepro1

k thanks but i googled it and there whore some people that used the Visualboyadvance on the DSTT so i thought i could use it. thanks anyway i think ill buy that GBA card.

Admin Close Topic please !

9. Sora1234

Sora1234 Well-Known Member

There is a GBA emulator for the I-Player. If you want to take a look here.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=180309

[Note: Only work with the I-Player, hopefully they'll find someway to get it to work on other Flashcards ]

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Fake vids-or using another name for the flash card.

11. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

No! They won't find a way, unless another flash card comes out that has the same hardware as the I-Player. Don't you realise you can only do this on the I-Player because it has extra ram and a cpu?

12. Sora1234

>_> Yes...Yes I do.

Do you really think that they would just release a GBA emu just for the I-Player?

Eventually they will work around the extra ram, and cpu difficultys.

13. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Doubtful.

14. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Pretty much impossible, and I don't see why people keep their fingers crossed for a version for any other flashcard. Find something more realistic to wait for.

15. Sora1234

So beside the Cpu, and extra ram difficultys......

Why can't they?

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

s

You just said them-technical difficulties.

They would need to make a flashcart that can run it.

It seems the iplayer basically has a built in slot 2 :D

17. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

That's why, it needs the extra hardware. No other way, no matter how much you want it to be possible. ^No.

18. Sora1234

Just wait....and watch.

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The waiting game sucks-learn to code and you'l see how hard it is.

One day they might just make a hack foe dsi-load up cfw like psp's-and run gba games thru the dsi's hardware :)

That would require some majour work though...but then again that's how they used to play rom's on ds's YEARS back.

In other words-don't get your's-or anyone elses-hopes up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.