1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Visual boy advance (PC) help needed....

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Tomoka, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hey, i've been using VBA, which is a game boy advance emulator, with no problems. well, when i try to play my Pokemon ruby game, with the .sav i have, it loads the bios, then goes to a white screen. :'( where as, when i change the name of the .sav, so it won't load the .sav, the game loads properly... ??? so my question is, do i need to somehow convert the save so it will work?

i got the save, on my micro SD card, and it was created using pokemon ruby on my AK2i, with ez flash 3in1....i was told i could use the save with VBA so that way i could use AR codes (don't flame me for this, it's an old game), and well, it just doesn't seem to wanna work....so any advice would be great!
    thanks in advance,
    Ryan...

2. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Hi, ryan, can't help you here ;D

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

wow....for once today, outta 3 topics made (4 maybe?) someone replies....and they can't help......

4. unqiueninja

I did help you on your request for gba roms have a look there ;D

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Are you absolutely sure VBA uses a .sav format? Have you started a game and gotten a save file to verify the type of save used?

6. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

yes, i'm positive, because when i don't use the .sav, it creates one, i also have the same problem with no$gba.....i dunno why though....

7. LuckyTrouble77

You could try using a save converter, you know, convert it to the same format. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work except maybe you aren't using the same ROM, the .sav may be named wrong, or there is some minor formatting that the emulator just can't read that came with the created save on the cart.

For No$GBA, you do have to convert the saves, as it doesn't use a .sav format.

8. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

is there even a .sav converter that supports GBA? i believe it was shunywebs (or something like that), and it only supports NDS so far...

9. LuckyTrouble77

Well, it can convert any named save to any of it's formats. You may just find the format you need in there. I don't know though.

10. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

just finished trying all formats, still same problem....everything else works fine, except the .sav's created by my EZ 3in1 plus AK2i....i dunno why....am i doing something wrong?!.....

what should i have my settings set to on my AK2i?

11. unqiueninja

maybe you should play around with the settings?

12. LuckyTrouble77

Not sure, I don't have an EZ Flash. I used VBA in the past and never had an issue. I really can't tell you what your problem may be.

13. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i have, and i've also followed guides to set it up correctly...everything is as it should be....

14. LuckyTrouble77

Maybe it just can't use saves it doesn't create? That is about the only thing I can figure at this point.

15. unqiueninja

corrupted game save? just a random saying ;D

16. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

it can't be corrupted, and i've used GBC saves from lameboy before.....so i might as well ask...is there any other way for me to use cheats with it? like right from the flashcard? would be a lot simpler...

17. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

@Catz_102, if you have problem on VBA emulator, please visit EmuForums website. The genius likes Squall-Leonheart will help you about the emulator!

EDIT:- Use VBA-M SVN 947 at SourceForge website!

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Do you have the latest VBA? - http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/gba/vboyadvance.html

And here's a tutorial. - http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=6326.0

You should be able to use the save files. I can between my EZ IV and VBA.

19. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

1. got the latest...
    2. the problem isn't with saving, it's with when loading the game, it seems the save file makes it freeze....plus i already got the VBA_over.ini file or whatnot...

made a post, will download the new VBA tomorrow, to tired tonight....

20. unqiueninja

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=6326.0