1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Video Game References in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (May contain SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kme92, Aug 18, 2010.

1. kme92

kme92 Well-Known Member

I noticed during the movie that there were a lot of references from Retro Video game consoles like NES and GBA and was wondering how many references there were. If you know any, list em below :p

Here's some I found from a website:
    -Scott's band, Sex Bob-Omb, is clearly a reference to the explosive enemies from the Mario games. This is drummer Kim Pine starting a song.
    -Scott's band Sex Bob-Omb plays a show with a band called Crash and the Boys, a reference to Crash 'n the Boys: Street Challenge, an NES sports game.
    -The Clash at Demonhead is another band in the Scott Pilgrim universe, and refers to the NES game of the same name.
    -Scott teaches himself the bass line from Final Fantasy 2. Because he can.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the clash is a real band.

3. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Also Todd Ingram is both an Akira reference (punching a crater into the moon) and a DBZ reference.

There's also tons more in the game aswell.

Also I doubt Nega Scott is a video game reference, since the 'nega' thing has been done a billion times before Zelda. I think it's just referencing the ninja video game they were playing before together with Scott and Knives.

Oh yeah, and the Yeti from the movie that they summon during the twins fight is from a video game.

[me=Natewlie]is sad if the movie flops, as the movie was amazing.[/me]

5. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

The whole movie's based off a nerd's comic book. There's even a 1-up mushroom iirc. I wouldn't be surprised if every scene had a videogame reference of some kind.

6. yougotmail42

yougotmail42 Active Member

One scene played out like a Seinfeld episode, if I recall correctly... Laugh track included.