1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Video Game Console mascots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by timmy1991, Jul 25, 2009.

1. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

So we all know that Mario is reppin for Nintendo
    and Sonic has Sega in the bag
    but what about Playstation and Xbox?
    Well, with Xbox, I have heard some people say Master Chief is the main man...
    But it sill leaves Playstation high and dry.
    Who could it be?!!?!?!?

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

They don't have one. Microsoft doesn't really have a mascot, MC is just a character for their most popular franchise.

They don't really need one anyways, they're doing well.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Sony had crash badicoot for a while...

Now it's jak and daxter-or ratchet and clank.

(as a kiddies version, blinks for m****soft-censored to protect site)

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yes, crash bandicoot was more or less the mascot for the original playstation.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I know he was, but he didn't do a very good job. Or maybe I should say their marketing didn't do a very good job of making him the mascot.

6. Loonylion

I don't think he was supposed to be the mascot, he just sort of became the mascot by association.

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Yes, just like Master Chief. Microsoft and Sony never had a mascot. I think Sony did at one point in Japan, otherwise, they don't have an official mascot.

8. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I think Kratos would be a candidate for the mascot for Playstation these days. As for Microsoft I can see Master Chief being their mascot for the XBOX systems as any time the system is mentioned the usually the first thing I hear is Halo, so it fits.

9. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

I think a mascot has to be somewhat kind of friendly, and I dont think Master Chief and Kratos are the friendly kind :p

10. Ceilidh

Ceilidh Member

Back in the day I used to think of Lara Croft whenever I thought of the Playstation 1.

11. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't know how I could forget about Crash and Lara Croft... good times... but now that both of those games have been released on Nintendo systems, They probably don't really count anymore...

12. Loonylion

tomb raider was a PC game anyway. the PSX versions came later.

13. MadmanNero

With Crash Bandicoot and Spryo appearing on Nintendo systems I guess they were no longer deemed as Sony's Mascot anymore.

14. crazytuna

how about Snake from MGS?

15. MadmanNero

He's pretty much Konami's Icon plus the MGS games are not just on Sony systems, Hes been on Nintendo and Microsoft as well.

16. crazytuna

Konami already has Silent Hill and DDR :p

17. MadmanNero

and Castlevania shame on you to mention Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill and leave out Castlevania (don't give a damn about DDR :p)

18. crazytuna

bah I never played Castlevania anyway...

19. MadmanNero

Probably not missing anything, I like the series tho, but to be honest I have never got around playing any Metal Gear Solid games except the first one on PSX. Alas I am ashamed, but i get over things fairly quick so it will be ok.

20. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I never played MGS or Castlevania.
    Blame it on Nintendo when I was younger for the lack of MGS.
    As for Castlevania, it just never appealed to me.
    The dark halloween-esque "explore a haunted mansion", "kill zombies" games don't really work for me.