1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Video dosen't run

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by LesPaulLord, May 31, 2010.

1. LesPaulLord

LesPaulLord Member

I tried to play Bugs bunny and Taz time busters earlier in french. Problem is, all the videos of the begenning skipped before I could see them. I saw that I havn't got a video plugin so I downloaded one I found like that. It's : GPUPete version 1.76. Maybe there is absolutely no link but maybe it could help.

That's all I can say, hope you can help me out.

2. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

... I'm guessing it's a PSX game?

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

A little more information please.
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=1736.0

4. LesPaulLord

LesPaulLord Member

I have a ePSXe 1.7.0 and I don't think my computer is the problem, it plays my other games fine. I downloaded the game on emuparadise also if that could help.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

emulation is extremely resource heavy so it could well be your computer. Equally it could be that those games don't emulate properly yet. The fact that other games work is irrelevant.

6. TirithRR

Try different plugins. Like Pete's OpenGL or Direct3D plugins. OpenGL2 2.9 or Pete's D3D 1.77

The computer probably isn't the issue, but the configuration of the emulator is.
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=600.0

7. Stanley Richards

... Do you even have the bios file?

8. LesPaulLord

LesPaulLord Member

Re: Video dosen\'t run

Yeah I do
    Post Merge: [time]1275347227[/time]
    IT's not the video plugin either... I'll try something else

9. TirithRR

If you downloaded it from somewhere else, and it is skipping all the videos, there is a chance you downloaded a ripped version. In order to save space and reduce file sizes, people sometimes rip videos and cutscenes from the games.

Try a new plugin set and adjusting settings. If nothing works, take a look at the file size of your game. If it's small, look into downloading the game from Romulation.
    https://www.romulation.org/PSX/Bugs_Bunny_&_Taz_-_Time_Busters_%5BU%5D_%5BSLUS-01144%5D.7z.html/

10. LesPaulLord

LesPaulLord Member

That's probably it... Problem is I don't have enough points but thanks for the help. And since your here, could you tell me how to do the configuration of the analog sticks on my dualshock remote, I tried to chnge the keyx but it didn't work whatever I did, why ?

11. Stanley Richards

By the way, Use ePSXecutor. You can keep multiple settings and stuff.

12. TirithRR

Change your controller setup to a Dualshock enabled controller (I think there is a drop down menu in the upper right of the controller config). If you don't do that then you won't be able to configure the analog.

Just so you know, just because the current setup works with some games, doesn't mean it works for all games. Adjusting your video plugin, and trying better plugins, should always be the first step in ePSXe troubleshooting.

13. LesPaulLord

LesPaulLord Member

I did that but that's where there's a problem, I can't change the commands, it only writes NONE.

14. TirithRR

It should look something like this when you go into the Control configuration.

[​IMG]

15. Stanley Richards

Do you need to use xPadder or Joy2key to set up certain controllers? Because my xbox controller works for it,

16. LesPaulLord

LesPaulLord Member

It's like that

17. Stanley Richards

I set the settings on the tabs at the right as well. Maybe you should try that.

18. LesPaulLord

LesPaulLord Member

But instead of the J1... It's written none and I can't change it, besides, I play with my keyboard

19. Stanley Richards

....! You play with your keyboard... Then you click on the box which says "none" and click a button on the keyboard.

20. LesPaulLord

LesPaulLord Member

I tryed like every single button but it dosen't work ! That's why I ask help, I can change all the other buttons though.