1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Verizon Droid By Motorola

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sparxxraps, Nov 7, 2009.

1. sparxxraps

sparxxraps Well-Known Member

2. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I think it's too damn expensive. ::)

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

can it make phone calls?

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I think that's just one of those useless features on it.

5. Born2killx

I don't see anything about these so called "phone calls" on their website.

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Who uses a cell phone to actually call people?

7. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

phone a tool used to communicate, well that has gone over board

8. sparxxraps

Well of course it can make calls (ya i know that was prolly joking.) but i think it is a really nice phone it has good quality on calls i have been meaning to upgrade for awhile. My old flip phone is pretty much worn out.

9. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

Bleh - cell phones are annoyingly intrusive. Why not just install a homing chip in yourself?

10. sparxxraps

Dude i wish i could install a chip in my head that let me make phone calls without a phone. Heh nah i like cellphones ya i know they trackin me but if i were ever to become like a mass murderer id throw it away not that i will.

11. rjsec4ever

rjsec4ever Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKbxl24nZe4

OH YEAH!

12. ricky_

ricky_ Well-Known Member

Been using this phone for the past few days.

Hardware is AMAZING. Software is still a little buggy at times, however. Lack of multitouch is lame, but that too can be fixed in a software update. I've noticed that if I have an app running and lock the screen, and then later unlock it (i use the 'draw a pattern' unlock screeen) the app will hang, until the 'Force close/wait' screen appears. i hit wait, and it works again. odd bugs, but certainly not dealbreakers.

I love this phone.

13. Born2killx

Multitouch isn't really a thing that can be implemented through a software update, unless the touch surface itself has the ability to recognize multiple contact surfaces.

14. ricky_

ricky_ Well-Known Member

It does. The units being released in europe are functionally identical and have it enabled. Also, the G1 had the ability to do multitouch but it was neutered in the ROM, just like the Droid is. A hacked ROM allows developers to use it.