1. This forum is in read-only mode.

VBA sound doesn't work with inactive window

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by HappyDas, Jul 28, 2011.

1. HappyDas

HappyDas New Member

I'm using Windows XP and VBA version 1.8.0.603. The "Pause when inactive window" option is unchecked. So whenever I click outside the window, the emulation continues normally. However, the sound does not. Does anyone else have this problem? How can it be fixed?

My goal is to play a game (with a controller) while using an instant messenger, and I rather like to hear the games I play.

(I keep finding web pages that say that the issue has been fixed five years ago (by just adding stuff to a line in the DirectSound.cpp file). But it seems to be for Linux only.)

Thanks.

2. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I have no idea how to fix your problem, but now all you need is a headset and a program that types what you say. lol

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

this is by design, the program needs focus to output sound. Don't you think it would be annoying if all programs could access your sound hardware regardless of whether or not they have focus?

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

@HappyDas: VBA 1.8.03 is so outdated, you should definitely go for VBA-M svn 956 MFC:

http://vba-m.com/forum/Thread-vba-m-svn-956-mfc-info-and-download

5. HappyDas

HappyDas New Member

Simply put, problem solved. =D I'll just learn more about configuring VBA-M. (I have used it before for its linking capabilities.)

Thanks. ^_^

6. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

7. therealjacinto

therealjacinto New Member

Hey I have a quick question for what Cahos Rahne Veloza and M.AzaryPika3172 said. I can't link with vba rerecording and also the linking on vba-m is broken as well, so i can't link there either. I tried the newest versions of vba-m and even vba-m mfc956. I tried the recent version of vba rerecording also. Can you help me please? Is it because I am using one computer?

edit:sorry this is the wrong place to post this message

8. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member