1. This forum is in read-only mode.

VBA Gameshark Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Mordak, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordak

Mordak Active Member

I'm not completely sure if this is the right board for this, but here it goes.

I have VBA for Mac. I've been able to get cheats to work on a gba game already. However, I have unable to successfully initiate cheats on the gbc game pokemon crystal.
    The Catch Any Pokemon In The Wild cheat. I'm not quite sure what's wrong. I believe the game may need a master code for running on the mac I heard, but I'm not sure or have been successful in finding out. Anyone experienced this and/or know how to resolve it?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Did you select the right game code type for the right type of code? (Gameshark, etc.)

3. Mordak

Mordak Active Member

I believe I did. I can try it out on codebreaker. I just tried to test another one that lets me take the starter pokemon and it didn't work. I'll switch to code breaker to see if that does anything....

Edit: Nope... that didn't work.

4. Reider

Reider Modereider

I found two different versions of the code.

91xx04D2

01??04D2

No idea which one you're using but I'm assuming its one of these two. Try the one you're not using and see if that changes anything. I'm assuming you have a list of digits handy for you to try it out with.

5. Mordak

Mordak Active Member

I think I've used both versions, but I don't think I've tried them on both gameshark and codebreaker. I'll give them a shot.

EDIT: No luck. I tried a few variations, but nothing worked. I think there has to be a Master code, but I have seen none.

6. Reider

Reider Modereider

The only thing I can figure is that you're using a different ROM than the one I'm using since I just got it to work for me.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zzzzibewnmu

^Try this one and see if it works. All you have to do is rename it to match your .sav file and you should be able to use your current save data.

I used this one to get it to work: 91xx04D2

7. Mordak

Mordak Active Member

No dice....
    What did you use? Code breaker or Game shark? What did you replace the xx with?

I'm using the Mac version of VBA so that might be the prob....

8. Reider

Reider Modereider

I used gameshark. There isn't an option for codebreaker with gbc games to my knowledge.

I used 95 in place of the xx(A dragonite to save you the trouble of looking it up.)

Only other thing I can think to try is to make a new game with the crystal you just downloaded and seeing if it works. If it doesn't, then I'm out of ideas since I can't seem to find a master code. :-\

9. Mordak

Mordak Active Member

Should I erase the whole save file then if the dragonite doesn't work? I was using B3 I believe for mareep. Anyway It will have to wait. I rl calls....

10. Reider

Reider Modereider

All you really have to do is rename it so if you wanted to keep it or something, there's nothing stopping you. I'm not even sure this is going to work though so it'd probably be better to keep it around in the event that it doesn't work so you don't lose any progress you made.

11. Mordak

Mordak Active Member

I did use the download and it still recognizes the save. Don't know what to tell you, but I've heard of other people with macs having this problem....

12. Reider

Reider Modereider

I'm out of ideas then.

Sorry but it seems I'm not going to be able to help you with your problem. :-\

13. Mordak

Mordak Active Member

Tested it and it didn't work.

14. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

If you've heard of others having the same, then you probably won't be able to do anything about it, unless they release a new version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.