1. This forum is in read-only mode.

various pokemon soulsilver questions

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by rickyrickred, Apr 7, 2010.

1. rickyrickred

rickyrickred Well-Known Member

why do the faces of the legendary pokemon appear on my pokegear map. I notices right after the burned tower part in the game.
    And also can someone explain to me the poke daycare. When they level up in the daycare do the randomly remove a skill and replace it with another they learned? if they do, is there anyway to control the moves erased when they need to learn another?

this is for nintendo ds btw

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You have to track down the legendary Pokemon just like in Platinum and Pearl/Diamond.

As far as I know, the daycare operates the same as it did in the original Silver/Crystal/Gold and in the rest.
    When the Pokemon levels up, they will erase a random move. That is why I don't leave my wanted Pokemon in the daycare.

I don't think you can change what moves they learn and don't learn while in the daycare.

3. rickyrickred

rickyrickred Well-Known Member

thanks, who the guy who tells you to catch the legendary pokemon? Its that guy in the tower right?

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Ummm...

I don't know.
    I was just assuming that it was the same since that's what you do on Platinum. :p

I actually haven't gotten past the second gym cause I've been playing Spirit Tracks as of late.

5. s_quizno

s_quizno Well-Known Member

Hmmm . . . I don't think it's a "random" move that gets replaced. Even back in the R/B/Y daycares, the move that's on the top of your move list is the one that gets replaced by a level up move.

And there's no guy telling you to catch the 3 legendary beasts. Heck, you don't even have to run into those 3 to beat the game. Actually, since I have practically all the Pokemon from my older games, I'm making it an effort to leave every optional Pokemon alone in the game. And with the "Respawn" of the legendaries after beating the Elite 4, this goal is totally achievable. (Note that by "Respawn" I mean that the main legend in the game, Ho-oH or Lugia, will be back in their respective locations if you fainted them. They don't keep coming back if you caught them already. I believe that other stational legends will also respawn if you "accidentally" faint them. Don't know about the roaming legends though).