1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Vandal Hearts II frustrations.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by crimsonBoom, Sep 19, 2010.

1. crimsonBoom

crimsonBoom New Member

I'm using ePSXe to run the game using the recommended settings. My game runs just fine, I can start it, and all that hoopla. My problem is that the game doesn't show unit movement until all the enemies have finished their movements. Normally I'd fiddle around with all the settings until it finally worked, but I'm not feeling that silly at the moment. I'm using the latest version of ePSXe with everything available to me, so I was wondering what I should do to solve this conundrum I'm faced with.
    P.S. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help, even if it's just a friendly suggestion.

[EDIT] I redundantly stated that my game ran twice, hurrah!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What are your plugins and settings? And what version of ePSXe are you using? This is a known issue, and I can't remember specifically the exact fix, but it's a simple fix that just involves changing a couple settings.

3. dedboy

dedboy Guest

P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver- I was reading up that this is somewhat common with the video plugins.

That was the one they recommended, as it does work. It may make the video look a bit muted, but it should fix the turn scale issue.

4. TirithRR

I remember playing it with OpenGL2 and it happened, just changed a setting or two and it started working correctly.... or maybe I switched to ePSXe 1.5.2?

5. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Most people did switch to 1.5.2 that was the one way to effectively play the game that 1.6.0 and beyond wouldn't play. I also use Psx1.13- I couldn't get Final Fantasy Tactics to run at all on ePSXe well at all. it chugged so bad one spell took 10 minutes and the frame rate dropped to 6fps.
    Try the switch to the afore mentioned video plugin, if all else fails you may need to switch to a different emulator, or DL ePSXe 1.5.2.

6. crimsonBoom

crimsonBoom New Member

I use ePSXe v1.6.0
    Settings are: scph1001 - USA BIOS, Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.76 video plugin, No Sound 0.4 sound plugin, and ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2 as the Cdrom.
    I keep the resolution/window size at 640 x 480 out of fear. I'll try out some of your tips and report whatever monstrosity is formed by my FrankenPuter.
    Post Merge: [time]1285038317[/time]
    I tried the new(er) Pete OpenGL that fixed the problem, now I have to get my settings SLOWER so that everything stops running at mach speed. I can handle that on my own, but thanks for all the help fellow members of the forum! I didn't use that before because my computer crashed, I assumed it was because of the video plugin, but I suppose it was just because of the random RAM consumption. I downloaded 1.5.2 but I tested it on 1.6.0 and it worked at the same ridiculous speeds.
    P.S. I'd edit this into my last post to avoid double posting, but I really don't care about that right now.

7. TirithRR

Use the frame limit option to avoid fast playback.

8. crimsonBoom

crimsonBoom New Member

The speedup isn't as bad as I exaggerated it out to be, the units only move slightly faster. The only thing running at mach 23 is the unit select cursor.