1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Valkyrie Profile - NDS

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by DragonQuester, Mar 17, 2009.

1. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Thanks RomUlation! The rom is out guys!

2. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

Downloading right now, hope it's good, probably is, gonna go try it right now.

3. loveappless

loveappless Member

anti-piracy... darn you SE!!! I can't even get to the menu screen.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Are you sure it is?

5. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

i got to play the game just fine.

and wow, it's like valkyrie profile meets final fantasy tactics! the overdrives are amazing and this game might've just taken turn-based strategy RPGs to a whole new level.

6. LionsTeeth

LionsTeeth Member

works fine for me (cyclo ds user)

7. piggyman

piggyman Well-Known Member

It ROCKS!!!

Thanks!

8. DragonQuester

Game works fine for me.. Its really fun too! :D
    Also, Pokemon Platinum is out!!

9. Reider

Reider Modereider

So, how does this game handle? I haven't gotten around to checking it out yet.

10. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I tried it briefly in no$gba to get a screenie for the site, basically it seems like a mature version of FF Tactics Advanced, except you can gang up on an enemy. Seemed pretty nice from the short play I did.

11. DragonQuester

LOL exactly.. I really like ganging up on 1 enemy... But the story is kind of confusing so far, but I think i'll follow it soon

12. loveappless

loveappless Member

Yea. I am an EzFlash user... and it doesnt appear to be working for me... I can't get to the main menu. I get a dual white screen(top and bottom) right before it is supposed to go to the main menu. *sigh*

13. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Try updating your firmware.

I have a M3 Real and it works well for me.

BTW, this game is awesome gonna go buy it in a few days. :D

14. Inylo

Inylo Guest

Are there jobs? And how do you get more characters?

15. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

The game works fine on my Acekard 2. Yay!

Currently wondering which ending I should aim for...

Aside from teaching them techniques like First Aid and (probably) skills, every character's job is fixed. Meaning, if you get a swordsman, he stay as a swordsman, a female mage stay a mage, etc.

As for more characters, they'll be recruited via plot. Though, depending on you, you'll get different characters and endings.

16. LollyPopper

LollyPopper New Member

Why...is...the...game...so...hard...without...the...plume... :'(

17. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

Sound like a typical tri-Ace game. Also, it made you think. Are you willing to sacrifice someone for mad power?

According to other gamers on GameFAQs, New Game Plus carried over Tactics, Techniques and Skills, I think. So generally, some go for C Ending (use Plume lots), then B (use once per chapter), then A (never).

18. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Haha all my characters shall be sacrifices to the plume! Haha im so evil.

19. seventhsage

seventhsage Well-Known Member

so i'm taking it from the comments that this one is worth a download? I heard bad reviews for it and dindn't like the ps2 valkyrie profile. I liked a lot of the previous ones though. I'll give it a shot now, been debating for a while.

is it touch screen only, or can you use arrows, i don't like touch screen only games for some reason.

20. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

haha, i tried finishing the battle wherein you need to beat Earnest without having to sacrifice anyone, and i finally beat it after a day of trying!

if you want to beat that stage
    start from the left side and kill the spearman right away. everything becomes rather easy after that.