1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Using Slot 1 software to retrieve save data from a retail GBA cart. Possible?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by banhmr9001, Mar 15, 2010.

1. banhmr9001

banhmr9001 Member

My predicament is that I have years-old save data on my Pokemon Sapphire cart that I'd like to back up and play with a DS lite Slot 2 cart. I have the means to load the rom and the save data onto my slot 2 cart, but I am unsure of how to back up the original save data from my retail Sapphire cartridge. Is it possible to do this?

I would prefer software that can be run on my Slot 1 cart (a CycloDS running the latest firmware) that will back up the GBA cart's save to a file on the Cyclo, but if there is another method, I'd be willing to try it out. I'd like to keep my save data intact, but if there is a risk of losing it, it's not a big deal. I haven't played the game in years; I'm only doing this to say I can. :p

2. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I do not think that is possible without special equipment. Good luck,
    miros

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You might be able to. Go to www.linfoxdomain.com/ds and go under Essential Utilities and find the GBA Backup Tool. It runs from an Slot 1 card, like most NDS Homebrew, and can be used to backup GBA games, and I believe Saves.

I've never tried it, but it should work.

4. banhmr9001

banhmr9001 Member

Thanks so much for the tip! I'll give it a shot tomorrow and post results/findings.