1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Using JPCSP for Persona 3 Portable

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by FormalMoogle, Dec 8, 2011.

1. FormalMoogle

FormalMoogle Well-Known Member

I have used a torrent to download P3P with Bitorrent but all it really gave me are these lots of folders with random files in it. At first it said "ISO" when I extract it, but when I do extract it, there were no ISO files to be found. What seems to be the problem? would I have to try another source?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

FYI: Don't extract the ISO file. You only extract RAR and ZIP files, but not ISO. ISO images are stored in an uncompressed format. Any CD or DVD can be archived by .ISO format as a true digital copy of the original. The ISO image file is not stored in a container file. Unlike a physical optical disc, an image can be transferred over any data link or removable storage medium.

What is known as a "valid" ISO image is an uncompressed collection of various files merged into one single resulting file, according to definite and standard formatting.

3. FormalMoogle

Oh, I'm so used to having DS files which uses .RAR that I extracted the .ISO file.

http://i44.tinypic.com/i6gnki.jpg

Basically when I have finished downloaded it from the Torrent, I got a bunch of zipped files like these(up to 47) but all of which are the same, I think, because when I try and extract one it asks me if I would like to replace the previous one I have extracted. The problem is that once I have activated the emulator, I chose "open UMD" and tried to open one of the zipped files but it just came up blank.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its probably a split rar file, you only need to extract one of them. You cannot open a compressed file in the emulator, it needs to be a raw iso.

5. FormalMoogle

I don't see any files which ends with ".ISO" in the compressed folders. Does this mean that this download's a fake one? >_<

6. Loonylion

what filetypes are there?

7. FormalMoogle

PNG's, SFO's, and a couple of VLC files.

8. Loonylion

sounds like you extracted the image contents.

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Your stupid Winrar settings have it recognizing ISO shell extensions as valid compressed formats. STOP extracting when you get an ISO extension.

10. FormalMoogle

Are there anything which I could tinker with the options with and make it work? I don't want to redownload again. Ugh, setting up Visual Boy, ZNES, and DSemu was a lot less complicated than this.

11. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I don't see what's the problem.

You extract to the point where you get a single file with the extension .ISO.
    Stop there.

If you get folders, images, and unreadable files, you've extracted the ISO, which you're not supposed to do. YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR.

You do not need to redownload. You already have the file on your computer.

Also, looking at your picture, you do not have "Show known file extensions" or whatever it's called enabled in the Folder Options of Windows Explorer. This is why you're not seeing the .ISO extension.

--
    No wonder people are such nubs with computers. Windows makes all of their default settings noobish. Always have show file extensions on. Why they even have an option to hide them is stupid, and even stupider is that they make it the default option.

12. FormalMoogle

Ok, so I got the right ISO images into the UMDimages folders as directed by the manual when I got this emulator.

http://i44.tinypic.com/jinaxs.jpg

The thing is that whenever I load it up, it just goes blank and stays at 1 FPS with those yellow text at the bottom.
    http://i43.tinypic.com/f237gx.jpg

13. FormalMoogle

Anyone else, please?

14. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

you need to use umdgen to put the psp_game folder into iso format

15. FormalMoogle

Well, I have an emulator but not an actual PSP so I have tried the program and it wont work :I