1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Using Cheats on DS Rom Games

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by JasonWilley, Apr 22, 2010.

1. JasonWilley

JasonWilley Member

how to u get all the cheats for all the ds games, when i select games there is an option to press Y to access the cheats menu, but all the cheats are in chinese and dont all have cheats for all of the games,

is there somethin i can use and how do i implement it, to make cheats for all the games

i am using an R4 SDHC Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS) - and have been given this link for the cheats but i dont know how to use them or what to do cheats.gbatemp.net

2. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

It is simple so I'll explain it to ya

There is on the site a tempdatabase which get often updated
    http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/

from cheatsgbatemp.net you'll download the cheat database
    you need (you've got an R4 so I think you'll need the
    cheat.dat or the USRcheat.dat)

Download the one you need and put in on your SD card
    keep this in MIND!!!

There is a problem with some flashcards such as the R4DS and all of its clones (M3 Simply, N5DS, ect) which limits the number of cheats that are displayed for games. This means that cheats for games that appear at the end of the cheat file are not displayed, this includes games for The World Ends With You, Yu-Gi-Oh, Trauma Center and others.

You have four options, the first is to get a new flashcard, the second is to delete the games from the cheat file you don't plan to use, the third option is to move the games to the top of the list and the fourth option is to use an alternate firmware/loader for your flashcard such as YSMenu, AKAIO and so on.

Basicly I mean put only the cheats on your database that you use or keep the database below the 2 MB and every cheat will work.

If you see very cheat in Chinese it can be that you've downloaded the Chinese firmwire.
    That will mean you'll need to find the English version of that firmwire and install that on your SD

3. JasonWilley

JasonWilley Member

where do u get the YSMenu and AKAIO from then as i have tride the cheats from the website and none of them work

is there an official YSMenu and AKAIO website, someone help please

4. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

Yes there are sites where you can read all about AKIO and download it

http://normmatt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=359
    here you can download AKIO 1.6 RC2:

http://normmatt.com/forum/download/file.php?id=75

Format and backup your games and saves from your SD card.
    after that extract AKIO a folder named (AIO) to the root of your SD
    and you're working with AKIO 1.6 RC2.

If you don't get it to work PM me and I'll make a step by step mineguide for ya.

5. JasonWilley

JasonWilley Member

just tried that and it wont even bootup anymore, i only really want cheats for all the games on the ds for an r4sdhc card, as the cheat files i had was all in chinese, when i meen root, do u meen on an empty card or in a specific folder on the kernal software i got which is 1.34 i think

6. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

R4 and cheats can give problems :

There is a problem with some flashcards such as the R4DS and all of its clones (M3 Simply, N5DS, ect) which limits the number of cheats that are displayed for games. This means that cheats for games that appear at the end of the cheat file are not displayed, this includes games for The World Ends With You, Yu-Gi-Oh, Trauma Center and others.

You have four options, the first is to get a new flashcard, the second is to delete the games from the cheat file you don't plan to use, the third option is to move the games to the top of the list and the fourth option is to use an alternate firmware/loader for your flashcard such as YSMenu, AKAIO and so on.

simply to see keep an R4 cheatdatabase below the 2 mb and use only the cheats from the games you
    want to play and every cheat wil work and AKIO does not work on an R4

You must use R4 firmwire or YS menu to get your card to worlk again AKIo is meant for Acekard 2i

7. bushy100

bushy100 Well-Known Member

theres a gbatemt thing that had a link for YS menu cheats

id get YS menu if i were u

its awesome Get IT

8. JasonWilley

JasonWilley Member

where do u get the YSMenu from , is there an official site and will it boot up on a ds with an r4 card

9. bushy100

bushy100 Well-Known Member

its hard to get

it took me like an hour just to find the right parts

gbatempt has it all

SAVIOUR!