1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Urgent Need HELP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shrekwilliam, May 30, 2011.

1. shrekwilliam

shrekwilliam Well-Known Member

I Just Got These Random Pop Ups And They Said You Have Been Selected To Be Mod On Habbo And Stuff And One Of Them Downloaded A Virus And I Keep Getting em They Just REstarted My Computer And They Said Its Anyonmous And Stuff How Do I Get Rid Of IT I Asked Them Who They Are On Notepad But They Keep Saying Their Not TElling And They Are Gone Right Now so Im Quickly Typing This I Think I Got Ip Hacked Or Summit Please Help They Just Deleted My AVG So Idk Wat To Do Please Quick Tell Me What To Download Or Summit :S

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Hello shrekwilliam, I suggest you go to this site:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/

Register an account there & post this problem on their "Am I infected? What do I do?" Sub-forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.html

It's also advisable that you get a good anti-virus program (if the virus or malware is not blocking AV Sites on your end) such as ESET:

http://www.eset.com/

or Avast!:

http://www.avast.com/index

Then get yourself Malwarebytes Anti-malware too:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

3. shrekwilliam

thanks but.. ive stopped it by reformating computer but il use this in the future :) atleast i got a better windows 7 "ulitmate" but im sad that i lost many great files :(

4. Void

Void Well-Known Member

- Always keep back ups
    - Reformat regularly

Live and learn.

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

A total system reformat should only be one's "final card" if there is absolutely no more alternatives.

As void said, always create back-ups of your important data.

I will stress again the need for protection so buy tons of contraceptives.... err wait, wrong topic LOL!

Get a decent anti-virus & an decent anti-malware. It would also help to always, ALWAYS download the latest security updates for your OS... I know, I know Windows security updates do not provide great security coverage but at least you are one step to securing your system :)

Also, get a decent Firewall like ZoneAlarm or Comodo as Windows firewall is as thick as tissue paper.

Getting an anti-spyware app is also a good measure.

6. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Why? I know plenty of people who reformat when their computers become infected. You can't always trust anti-virus to fully eradicate malicious software anyway. There's certainly benefits to regular reformatting so times of infection serve as totally viable opportunities to do so should data be backed up sufficiently.

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

It's an extremely risky measure but there is ComboFix, unfortunately the topic starter said he uses Win7 which ComboFix currently doesn't support.

Also frequently reformatting your system & re-uploading stuff "might" put an amount of stress on your Hard Drive & if your hard drive dies then that's more of a loss.

8. Void

Void Well-Known Member

It's impossible to use a computer without putting stress on the hard-drive. Living in fear of your hdd breaking every time you read a file, install software, or transfer data is like never driving your car because you're afraid it will break down. It will inevitably happen eventually, but you shouldn't fear the intended utilization of products you purchase.

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Point noted :)

But re-uploading 300Gb of files, movies, cartoon episodes & games can be time consuming.

10. Void

Void Well-Known Member

This is very true.

11. Reider

Reider Modereider

I just keep movies, music and other stuff of that nature on an external myself.

12. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

I myself reformat twice every year unless some serious virus hits me.

13. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

Burn them on DVD's or something instead

I had to reformat this year AND last because of the viruses

Before last year I didn't do anything to my computer though..

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

a mechanical harddisk should not fail from overuse, they are designed to last a good number of years even under extremely heavy use. I have some 2 and 3GB hard disks from way back in the 1990s that are still working.

15. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

300gb on dvd would not only been space consuming but also annoying to navigate through.

I have had my laptop with any anti virus and still no infections.

16. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

wow.
    Those caps are giving me a headache...

17. shrekwilliam

Sorry i havent been on yesterday at night as ... dad forgot to pay internet bill >.< anyways thanks :)