1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Upgrading...???

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Mishy, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

So, over a year ago, I mentioned in a post that my son accidentally dropped and broke my DS Lite. I am thinking of buying a 3DS and my current flash cart is a Acekard 2i and I believe the firmware is out of date. Still might be 1.8.0 Akaio(sp?) firmware. Will I be able to use my flash cart on a 3DS or do I need to buy a new one? Thank you in advance. :)

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

if the 3ds is in system firmware 4.3 or below, you can use the acekard2i (but need to update it to work on those firmwares first). if it is in system firmware 4.4 you cant.

carts you can buy that work on 4.4 3ds firmware are supercard dstwo or r4i from http://www.r4ids.cn/

3. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Oh okay, that's good to know. Hopefully, I get one soon. My old one is still playable but, it I had too rig it with black electrical tape to hold my screen up. LOL.

4. miracleninja

miracleninja Member

Sorry to re-post on a old topic but if you do get the mentioned 3ds console you will be unable to upgrade because Nintendo has been rumoured to brick a 3ds through the next downloaded update if a flashcard has been used ,unless you are happy with having a outdated console .I would personally recommend getting a dsi instead, its more preferable to flashcart users. If you ever need any more assistance please contact me I'd love to help.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

As has been repeatedly stated, if they did this the resulting lawsuits and criminal sanctions would bankrupt them. They won't do it.

6. miracleninja

miracleninja Member

:'( Sorry I was unaware of this. I did'nt mean to be of any annoyance.
    Please forgive me ...