1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Upgrading to a DSi XL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Azguarde, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Azguarde

Azguarde Member

And I need to get a new card. I skimmed through the forums looking for suggestions and saw a lot of different ones mentioned.

I'm currently using a R4-SDHC on my DSLite, and I like the menu style and such, but I keep hearing that the R4 is dying and soon won't be updated anymore. I was planning on getting a R4i-SDHC, but the site I would prefer to use (www.consolesource.com) doesn't carry them.

So what I'm asking for are either:

A. Somewhere reputable to buy a R4i-SDHC, or...
    B. Suggestions for a different card to get.

Thanks in advance guys. :D

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

No, buy an acekard 2.i, a FAR better card...

If the dsi's firmware (dsiXL or not) is 1.4, you'd need to run the "danny phatom" update which bypasses the protection.

All details are here.

www.acekard.com

3. Azguarde

Azguarde Member

I have heard a lot of good things about the Acekard 2i, and it is sold on the site I like.

Safe to assume I can just back up my saves from my current card and use them on the new one?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm kinda new to this. :-\

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Yes, but you may need to make some changes on the acekard's options.

The acekard ca use sav files with ethier "GAME.SAV" or "GAME.nds.sav" so when you get the menu working, change the settings, THEN put the games on.

Never put them on before making sure it's right to use first, or else it might generate unnecessary sav's that;ll confuse you when transferring data.