1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Upgrading to a DSi - which flashcart?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Singularity_UK, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Singularity_UK

Singularity_UK Well-Known Member

So, it finally happened. My good ol', ugly fat DS I bought in 2005 has a broken hinge. I could repair it but I've decided to use this as an excuse to justify to the cynic within me upgrading to a DSi.

I would get a Lite if I could find a new one online anywhere. All the ones I've seen cost more than a DSi new, so I've decided to just get a DSi.

However, I've read that my R4 card won't work on a DSi, which is a little disappointing but I can deal with it. So I have to upgrade to a new card. I'm considering the Acekard 2i as it looks pretty professionally done, but I've heard some talk about it not working with the firmware that comes with the new DSi?

If someone could explain to me how it all works I'd appreciate it. Oh, also can I migrate my saves from the R4 card over to the Acekard?

Thanks.

2. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

well the acekard has the 1.4.1 upgrade, you also have the option from two different methods to upgrade the acekard, does your original DS still work, if so that is easier to do ^__^

3. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

r4 sav's

i am pretty sure that your r4's save's will work
    i recommend a supercard dstwo if you want gba and movie support

4. Joseg1320

Joseg1320 Well-Known Member

The Acekard 2i is a very good card for the DSi. You can buy it upgraded with the newest internal firmware that allows it to run on the new DSi firmware. If the site you are buying from doesn't have that option, you can upgrade the Acekard's internal firmware by yourself with a DS or DSi that has version 1.3 firmware or lower.

As you can see in this site, it says Firmware Version, you would pick v1.41, that will allow it to run on the newest DSi firmware.

http://www.leetmod.com/acekard-2i-cartridge-for-nintendo-dsi-ds-lite-ds-p-169.html?zenid=qh33d5d4fv8p8fn1k15s9juvv0

5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Active Member

You'll end up getting the Acekard 2i. STOP!!! after having it for about 6 months you will want a SCDS2. Why wait? you shouldn't get the acekard 2i, just get a scds2 and jump 6 months into the future while doing so

6. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

This question has been answered thousands of times , Ak2i or SCDS2.

7. Singularity_UK

Singularity_UK Well-Known Member

Right, thanks. I opted for the 2i because, although the DSTWO looked awesome it's twice as expensive and I'm used to the Acekard's interface thanks to Wood R4.

It should come within a few days. Only annoying thing is that I hear a DSi XL won't auto-boot the 2i.