1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Upgrading from the Acekard 2i firmware to AKAIO

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by malachite125, Sep 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malachite125

malachite125 Active Member

I've heard some good things about AKAIO, including the capability of playing M&L: Bowser's Inside Story. However, when I tried AKAIO, most of my DS roms didn't load/M&L didn't work. I read the guide on the M&L sticky, and I 'm guessing I'll have to try the "ak2loader." However, this doesn't fix my problem of compatibility of my older DS roms/saves. Is there a different save system between the firmwares, or am I stupid? :p

2. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

do you mean like the loader won't use your old save files and tries to create a new one? anyways.

i'm not sure if this would help at all, but the AKAIO lets you set the Save Extension to either ".nds.sav" or ".sav". For example, say your game is "M&L: Bowser's Inside Story.nds" the loader probably trying to find "M&L: Bowser's Inside Story.nds.sav" while your save is probably "M&L: Bowser's Inside Story.sav" unless you change the system setting in the menu.

although i'm probably giving information that you already know D=

3. malachite125

Hmm, I actually didn't know about the .nds.sav vs the .sav files.
    Basically, when I got AKAIO running, whenever I would select a rom, the standard "LOADING" screen comes up, and the letters turn green. After that, nothing happens; I think the card freezes, considering nothing happens.
    I'll try out what you said, though; I'm guessing you can choose what type of file save to choose from in the menu? not sure how that works, lol.

4. XDemon

XDemon New Member

I had this same problem i just found a different ak2loader and replaced the one in _aio/loaders
    This fixed it the problem, I can now run all my games including M&L: Bowser's Inside Story

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I have no idea if it would work but this is how I get akio to run...

1.Get latest version of akio

2.Install that in fresh SD card (you can back up data-but installing just akio works for me)

3.Then throw in the latest "ak2loader" just to have the compatibility of both firmwares.

I didn't know akio had been updated to use this game-last time I heard they got it working with the japanese version but not english.

6. malachite125

Ok, the new ak2loader trick worked; I can even play M&L ;D. Since other people had this problem, perhaps a sticky would be in order?

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Stickies are usually kept to more General Issues (like the Common Issues thread) or for current major issues (new releases with anti-piracy problems).

8. yin.yang

yin.yang Member

So...yoiu're say this trick enables you to play M&L Bower's Inside Story (U)?

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Not so much a trick-it mearly expands compabitbility of both firmware types.

Acekard only :D

10. yin.yang

yin.yang Member

Nice, so what you're saying is, it should be compatible with M&L Browers Inside Story (U)

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Not sure-never tried it.

If ethier is compatible then it may work.

If ethier isn't-then no.

So-try the default option (akio if it's installed) then switch the loader option-if that works it's well worth it.

If not-keep it anyway-may work for future games.

12. aceboy123

aceboy123 New Member

do u know what is the latest firmware for akaio for acekard2i

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.