1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Upgrading form 5.50 GEN D (Full) to 6.35 Pro-B4 ?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by houstontx224, Apr 10, 2011.

1. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

On my PSP 1000 series..if I want to upgrade my CFW to 6.35 Pro-B4 ( what i saw it called on google) will it still play my PS1 eboots and most of the CSO/ISO's that Im currently playing? Took me forever just to get GEN D (Full) running correctly..IS updating CFW easy?

HoustonTX224

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Sorry for posting that link to the beta CFW earlier. I forgot it was for PSP 2000s only.

I believe that is only a HEN type firmware, where you must run it every time you start up your PSP. It is not permanent in other words. You're probably better off with 5.50 GEN-D.

And it's not hard as long as you know what you're doing.

3. houstontx224

Your right ace101..Im trying to move out of this noob phase..Slowyl ..but , I will. Thanks. Just figure it was time to upgrade.had to reformat now for some reason God Eater Burst isnt running. Checked everything..No UMD ..enabled.., 1.5 kernel..just getting tired...lol Sure is worth it when I do get it back working.**Got it..whew***

HoustonTX224

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

5.50 Prome-4 is the best you can do at this point for PSP ISO compatibility. It's an upgrade from 5.50 GEN-D3. Haven't had a single problem in terms of compatibility thus far except for the freezing cut-scenes present in FF IV Complete Collection that I think can be solved through patching the ISO.

5. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

For the newer games, It is better to patch it rather than using the Prometheus addon, as it give better results compared when using Prom, especially Prom-4, which are buggy, and have compatibility issues.

6. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Prom-4 has yet to give me any issues with game compatibility. Titles from new to old have all run flawlessly (minus FFIV Complete Collection w/ the freezing cut scenes).

7. meganova

Well, if its not, that's good then. That addon had been reported to cause some issues a while back.
    Still, patching is still recommended though, just in case if any unwanted issues(freeze, black screen) happen while playing new games.

8. houstontx224

This 5.50 Prom 4? Do I already have tha twith my 5.50 GEN D (Full)? Or do I have to download it then add it?

9. meganova

Yeah, well.. Either you update to Prom-4, or use the recently released 6.20/6.35 PRO-B4 permanent patch.

10. houstontx224

Think I'm leaning towards just downloading the Pro4 add on but, Ive read that it corrupts some old game saves. Is it more just delete the corrupt save? OR an entire reformatting of the memory stick? If anyone has/had an experience in this let me know. Thanks.

HoustonTX224

11. meganova

There are possibility of getting corrupted saves for some games when updating to Prom-4(or -3), and there seems no way to fix it except reverting your firmware back to the previous one,
    or if you having issue only with one game, which is newer game, I suggest just patch it and play it on your previous firmware.

It just shows as corrupted save file, but technically it wasn't. Since the old saves are not supported by the newer firmware.