1. This forum is in read-only mode.

upgrade

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by c740, Jun 10, 2009.

1. c740

c740 Well-Known Member

1.how about you add something like a language select option for those people who can't understand english.

2.you could also add Tools for Rom-hacking,updated emulators,spam thread.

3.adding mp3 playlist that you have to upload like the avatars so members can play their mp3 while they are in the forums.

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

where?
    At this forum?
    you mean the Language Switcher??

3. Reider

Reider Modereider

There was something like this in the works awhile ago, I can't remember if it got finished or not though.
    There's already sites that are dedicated to that so there really no point in us doing it too. =/
    Why not just use a media player that's on your computer while you browse the forums?

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the suggestions, the first one is good enough - and it's been considered many times before, but it needs to be done right since there is a lot of text on RomUlation.

We do not want to add tools and emulators, there are plenty of sites for that. And the MP3 thing is just weird, why would we want to host all your MP3 files?

5. meganova

How about put more option in the profile section...
    and below the avatar put a percentage for the user longevity and others..like other site...and also warning percentage...

6. c740

c740 Well-Known Member

good idea!

7. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

I think I saw on a forum the option to add one MP3 track to your avatar area. Just one track which other people could click on to listen. Perhaps the OP was suggesting somthing like this?

I don't know for sure but I don't think Romulation uses a warning system like that.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

not yet.

9. meganova

and how about a buddy system?
    birthday reminder?
    hmm...user of the day?the most active user?
    info about the new games or something like that(I know other website has it...like gamespot..but it's more convenient if put here...)
    warn the user from using short language...not allow a post less than 5 words to be posted....prevent spamming...and etc....

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

There was a Buddy system, it was disabled, probably because no one ever used it :p

There was a Birthdays thing, disabled I'm guessing?

Activity https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?action=stats ?

Also, I'm sure a member's warning level or "watchedness" would be hidden to regular members.

11. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Warning level is hidden to any non-moderator or higher.
    Birthday emailer is active.
    Info about new games: https://www.romulation.org/releases/ or new games added: https://www.romulation.org/feed/latest/

12. meganova

Please enabled the buddy and birthday systems..
    Since many people have join this community...please mods...
    and about the activity...It would be good if the stats can be viewed under the user avatar...It will be more interactive...

13. Loonylion

the birthday system is enabled, seph has already said that. Adding a stats link under the avatar would require modifying SMF code, which we're not willing to do.

14. meganova

Is it enabled already?
    how can I check it?

15. Loonylion

you don't, people get sent an email on their birthday and a picture of a cake appears on their posts. That is all it does.

16. meganova

Oh..
    I though it was reminded at the bottom of the Main Page...
    for example: Today's Birthday
    Loonylion,Seph.....

17. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

So how do we know the warnings given to us then?

18. Loonylion

it informs the user concerned of course. It's just not publicly viewable information

19. meganova

When this site will get another new look??Will us get informed before the day it was upgraded?

20. Loonylion

we're working on a new design currently. No idea when it will be ready.