1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Updating my 360 now it wont play burnt games

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rell, Jun 13, 2011.

1. rell

rell Well-Known Member

Hi ived updated my 360 about 5 minutes ago and now it isnt reading my burnt games. The person that did this for me said that updating wouldnt be a problem. I guess he lied cause now he isnt responding to my texts. Can someone explain to me what happened and how to get my 360 playing my backups again? thank you

2. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

invent a time machine, and go back to just before you updated your 360, which you are NOT supposed to do

3. rell

rell Well-Known Member

Yea i would.. but yea about time im finished ill be old and crusty. If you read my first post it says quite clearly actually,"The person that did this for me said that updating wouldnt be a problem". So if you have any advice other than sarcasm it would be greatly appreciated littlekill :)

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I think you got IRL trolled. As far as I know, you would have to reflash the drive.

5. Littlekill

instead of you flashing the drive, make your buddy reflash the drive since he pretty much was full of shit

6. rell

rell Well-Known Member

Yea im already planning on giving him a mouth full.. I talked to him and he said he would reflash it for free. One question though, after I get it back to normal will it be possible to play online without getting banned??

7. Reider

Reider Modereider

If your console is modded, then likely not.

8. Littlekill

Don't even think of ever going online with it, in fact, just unplug the ethernet cord from it

9. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Online is a no go. As soon as you go online, your system is flagged. It will then be hit in the next ban wave, and you will never be online with that system ever again. Might as well avoid it all and just not go online in the first place.

10. rell

rell Well-Known Member

dang that kinda sucks... i guess i should actually spend cash sometimes instead of pretending i own... what am i saying...I do own original copies of those games...
    *walks away suspiciously*

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Uh-huh. Just like I own the 90 some odd Wii games that are on my harddrive. :p

If you do go online, you'll be banned forever.

12. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Updating is the death of running backups.
    That is the general rule.

Don't update unless you have to.