1. This forum is in read-only mode.

updating CW on PSP

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mastergods, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mastergods

mastergods Well-Known Member

I have not used my PSP for some time. And I would like to update the CW I have on it. I think is is 4.01 somthing. Any way how do I update it?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I think you can just download the latest Custom Firmware and run it. It will update.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You mean official or cfw?

If you check in system settings then it can help...

If it's m33-I would suggest sticking with the set-5.00m33v6 is what I'm using.

There are other newer one's for 5.50-but nothing special yet-so stick to m33 if you can.

4. mastergods

I have CF 40.1 m33. But I want t update it so I can play the Dff demo and game when it comes out. if I update it with official would I still beable to play Roms? or will I need to pandra it all over again?

5. TirithRR

It's not a good idea to update a CFW installed PSP with official firmware. You can however update it with the 5.00M33-6 update. Which is the latest M33, and works just fine.

http://dl.qj.net/CFW-5.00-M33-6-PSP/pg/12/fid/25689/catid/114

Make sure the pay attention to this part:
    "If you come from a version prior to 5.00 M33, put sony update as 500.PBP in same folder, or let the program download it for you using a wifi connection."

6. mastergods

great. my little brother got a hold of my PSP before and and updated it! I guess I need to find my pandora again and try to figure out how to use it again. *sigh*

7. TirithRR

If you have a Pandora Battery already, use the PSPGrader v008 to make a memory stick to install 5.00M33 directly.

8. mastergods

My brother updated it with official firmware 5.51. and the pandora is not responding! my PSP is booting up like normal please help.

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

hold L when booting, or R.
    I ran v002 and I had to do that...

10. mastergods

I did. still boots up like nothing...
    Post Merge: [time]1248926510[/time]
    I downlaoded the PSPGrader v008. Followed the steps. nothing. I put the 500 into the games folder. nothing. I put it in the games folder named it update nothing. I tried holding down all the buttons. one at a time and all at once. ntohing.

11. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Tirith, awesome link is awesome d(^.^)b

12. mastergods

no help at all?

13. -a55-

-a55- Well-Known Member

you need to make a magic memory stick with a hacked psp, then pop it into your psp and use the pandoras battery to hack it again.

14. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Then you're screwed at the moment.
    Make this a lesson learned not to update so damn far in firmware.
    There's nothing else you can do unless you're doing something wrong that we don't know about.

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

There is an exploit for 5.51...

You will need the real UMD of medal of honour heros 2.

Find it via google-quickjump downloads has it but I forget the adres...and kinda occupied to give adress directly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.