1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Updating acecart 2i and SD card - I'm at a loss!!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by angusangus, Dec 3, 2010.

1. angusangus

angusangus Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Very basic questions but I wonder if someone can give me a step by step, update for morons like me please?

I got my acecarts in March this year and following instructions here, got them working fine with all ROMS

Recently though, I have been unable to get any 'new' games to run, getting only the white screens.

The DSi is my little boy's so I have the wifi (and everything else I can see) disabled so that he doesn't accidentally update something.

So, to get newer games, such as Toy Story, Dora etc, I guess it's time to update - but how the hell do I do it - safely.

Can someone please walk me through it?

Many thanks in advance

2. MadSemtex

MadSemtex Well-Known Member

Update the firmware of your card. Download AKAIO 1.8.1 here and just extract everything from the ZIP file to the root of your SD card.

3. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

GET ACEKARD WITH AKAIO:
    1) backup your card's info to the computer
    2) format your card
    3) download AKAIO 1.8.1: http://www.akaio.net/forum/download/file.php?id=145
    4) copy _aio folder and akmenu4.nds to the root of your sd card
    5) create a "GAMES" folder for games and .sav files
    6) copy your games and .sav files to the GAMES folder

Update loaders
    1) in the card's menu press (START)
    2) go to "More->"
    3) go to "Wifi Update"
    4) in "File to Download" look for "Update Loader"
    5) Follow instructions until a message appears saying it was installed successfully

Games with AP
    some games have Anti Piracy, in wich they do not run correctly on the card, acekard can bypass this though.
    1) go to the game with AP
    2) press (Y)
    3) press (Y) again
    4) go to "Bypass Antipiracy" and Enable it
    5) press (START) to save settings

4. angusangus

Thanks guys, will give this a go.

iluvfupaburgers, I've always had the wifi disabled so my kids don't ruin any setups etc, so is it safe to do this?

Also, I don't need to do anything with the actual acecard, is that correct? Everything you mention is on the SD card?

Thanks again

5. iluvfupaburgers

what firmware is your dsi. you might want to update the acekard to work on 1.4.1

6. angusangus

DSi is Ver 1.4E,

thanks

7. iluvfupaburgers

do you have a ds lite around? to perform the update to the card

8. angusangus

Not with me but I can get access to one!

I've just formatted my SD Card and am now adding the AKAIO 1.8.1 software and games

Do you thing the actual cart needs updating?

9. iluvfupaburgers

well. doesnt matter. download this: http://filetrip.net/f18393-AceKard-2i-firmware-1-4-1.html after it is downlaoded. extract it and add ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds to the root of your sd card and then run it through the dsi (this is just in case your child updates the dsi firmware to 1.4.1 and the card can still work on it)

10. angusangus

Done as instructed above but not yet put in DSi - do I need to do your second bunch of instructions, ie

Update loaders
    1) in the card's menu press (START)
    2) go to "More->"
    3) go to "Wifi Update"
    4) in "File to Download" look for "Update Loader"
    5) Follow instructions until a message appears saying it was installed successfully

??

Thanks

11. iluvfupaburgers

if you did the update to the card to work on 1.4.1, to know if the card is updated to work on 1.4.1, when on the dsi, a storm reider icon should appear. if it is then you can use wifi with no problem. do the update loaders so akaio has better game compatibility.

12. angusangus

yes the ALEX RIDER appears!!!

Just trying to get my wifi to work now!!!

13. iluvfupaburgers

good. that way if your dsi updates to 1.4.1, the card will still work

14. angusangus

thanks iluvfupaburgers, all updated as instructed and the games still play so that's a relief!!!

I still have a couple of games that my boys wanted to play but wouldn't work, is this where the 3rd batch of your initial instructions comes in?

Thanks

15. iluvfupaburgers

yes, if there are games that dont work, you have to activate the bypass antipiracy feature

16. angusangus

and should I now disable my wifi again (just be safe?)

17. iluvfupaburgers

only if you want to, but there is no need to do that

18. angusangus

hurriedly trying to think of things to ask before you go offline!!!!!

Are skins easy to install as per this site: http://www.acekard.com/skin.php?cid=4&p=19

19. iluvfupaburgers

you can use that site or www.ndsthemes.com
    themes come in rar files so you need to extract them. some dont come organized so you need to organize them yourself. you need to make a calendar folder if there isnt one and put all files that have days, months, etc words on them. and you will need to create a folder for the theme/skin. you put the skin folder in iu folder which is inside _aio folder. to change skin simply press start, then go to system preferences

20. angusangus

you have been/are, a star mate, just off to bathe the said boys, one (possibly) final thing, can I now delete the ak2ifw...DSi update icon from the DSi screen?