1. This forum is in read-only mode.

updated DSi and now ttdsi card won't work

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by briansmom, Nov 28, 2010.

1. briansmom

briansmom Member

Hey all,

My stepson recently allowed the nintendo upgrade on his dsi, now a 1.41. Prior to that we had the ttdsi card working with .nds games.

I guess I need to be walked through how to upgrade the ttdsi card to work on this new operating system.

Or, if we can undo that new upgrade. Or any other way to fix this, so he can play saved games.

Thanks!!
    Elissa

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php/DSTTi_v1.4.1_firmware.rar

Upgrade just like you do for the 1.4 fix, you likely need a DSi without the 1.4.1 update to get it to work.

3. briansmom

briansmom Member

I actually do have another dsi in the house that has not been upgraded. What do I do with it? I thought I'd be changing the firmware on the ttdsi card?

4. TirithRR

No, it's an update, just like the 1.4 fix

Put all the files on your MicroSD, and run the TTi141UPGRADE.nds file, like you would a game.

5. briansmom

briansmom Member

In advance, I'm sorry! I'm somewhat able to understand technology, but not all the ins and outs of it all!

So, I have the ttdsi card. It has all the ttdsmenu data and all the .nds games and all the.sav games on it.

Then I have the dsi with the 1.41 upgrade installed.

Then I have the dsi without the upgrade.

Can you step by step walk me through what to do? End goal, being able to play the games on the 1.41 system also.

6. TirithRR

Take the MicroSD out of your TTDSi card and place it into the Adapter for your PC, then connect it to your PC.
    Take the files from the download linked earlier, and place them onto the MicroSD card.
    These files are
    rom_pcb0.dat
    rom_pcb1.dat
    rom_pcb2.dat
    TTi141UPGRADE.nds

Then disconnect your adapter, remove the MicroSD from it, and place it back into the DSi without the 1.4.1 update.
    Turn on your DS, and then run the TTi141UPGRADE.nds like you would any game. This will start the update. Just wait and follow the onscreen instructions, it will update.

7. briansmom

briansmom Member

I actually understand that! Thanks! However, I don't think this solves my problem. If I understand it correctly, following this process will then allow me to update my non 1.41ds TO 1.41 and still use the card.

My problem is with the ds that is already updated to a 1.41 Is there a way to fix it so that the card can still be used with that system?

8. asdfth12

asdfth12 Well-Known Member

No. Its updating the card's internal firmware to work on a dsi using firmware 1.4.1

9. briansmom

briansmom Member

the card isnt recognized on 1.4 I updated the firmware and am getting an error when I click on it

10. nutrition

nutrition New Member

Re: updated DSi and now ttdsi card won\'t work

Question for the more informed:

I tried to update the card with the files from the link using a DSlite but all I got was a white screen and it doesn't look like it worked.

I noticed the above said it needs to be a DSi. Is that factually true? I specifically need a DSi (working say on 1.4) and then copy the files over and run?
    Post Merge: [time]1294459871[/time]
    Nevermind, got it to work.

11. scolexgreen

scolexgreen New Member

Hi Nutrition, How did you get it to work? I have the same issue (whitescreen).

Here's what I have:
    DSi XL 1.4.1U
    DSLite with TTDSi (1.4.1 Update nds and ttmenu on it)
    -ttmenu comes up fine
    -when i run the 1.4.1 updater on the DSLite all I get is a white screen (no instructions to hit X+Y)
    -- I am hesitant to use the TTDSi card on the DSi XL 1.4.1U before updating the TTDSi firmware (I heard it will fry the TTDSi or brick the DSi XL - is this the case?)

- Games run on the DSLite through the TTDSi card, but it's not hers DSLite (her cousin's)

So close to setting this up for my 8 yo daughter...

Thanks,
    scolexgreen