1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Unsure if should post this here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joyful_Jen, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Joyful_Jen

Joyful_Jen Member

I'm not quite used to all this forum and posting stuff although its straight forward, my other half seems to think that forums are like chat rooms and dating sites, which of course i know their not and although I've tried to explain this to him unfortunately he won't listen. He's not computer literate by any means as when he was browsing the web for something or other a few days ago,he said to me "there isn't a W on this keyboard"
    So as you can imagine i get quite anxious as I'm posting even now and I'm not doing anything wrong.
    Since my first post however i realise that most of you are very intelligent in some way or another either M.I.T majors or mathematical genius's or whatever, (sorry if I've offended anyone)and then you have meee. A housewife and mother of two teenagers, have a go at anything type of person,
    What a truly friendly and welcoming site this is .

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Jen about last year I was kinda like that too, I didn't know how to do alot of stuff both on the emulation scene & with computers in general, but with all the great & helpful people here I have over come that & still I'm learning :D

I gotta ask, your better half said he thinks forums are just like chatrooms on IRC or dating spots, don't you find it curious why he'd know of such things? Given you said he isn't that into computers :-\

He kinda reminds me of Randy Marsch from South Park in the "Over-logging on" episode ;D

I'm just joking there ofcoures.

3. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I'm the most unwelcoming person ever, but that's the internet. Don't take too much personally here, especially from me.

- We actually do chat. We have a channel on irc.imperium.ca ; #romulation. It's some pretty happening times, a bit more grown-up than the forum in terms of discussion topics.
    - https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php/board,68.0.html <-- We actually have an introduction board, where this might be better placed, although you have introduced yourself there already. I guess. I don't know.
    - We're all quite varied on computer skill, I think. We have some people who are really integrated with technology, like loony, people who use technology recreationally, and surely we have those who don't use technology much at all. Don't worry about fitting in, a lot of us have no common ground at all. But it's good.

If everyone made well-intended posts like you RU would be a better place. Welcome~.

4. apophos755

apophos755 Well-Known Member

Nicely said. I agree.

5. Luk7nk4

Luk7nk4 Well-Known Member

I agree aswell :)