1. This forum is in read-only mode.

uninstall wii vc wad = deletes its save?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Citan22, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citan22

Citan22 New Member

hi everybody, this is my first time posting here (i visit gfaqs regularly but they do not take kindly to posts regarding homebrew/wads).

a day ago i dl'ed the Majora's Mask .wad but to fit it i decided to temporarily uninstall my OoT .wad, figuring that my save file will remain since they are separate. but once i reinstalled OoT my file was gone!

so my question is: when uninstalling .wads using the wadmanager, does it also delete the save files? once i reinstalled the game i checked to see if the save file was there, and it was. but now i'm thinking that a save file is made immediately upon downloading any new VC game (or in my case, installing a VC wad).

i guess i should have just 'deleted' the wad and not uninstalled it? its a bummer cause i was more than half done with a 100% game.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Sounds like it is deleted. Since you experienced it first hand.

Can you backup the save file before deleting/uninstalling, and save it for a later time?

3. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

Normally the savefile should not be deleated when you use wad-manager! What do we learn: Always backup your saves on a SD-Card.

BTW: Why do you want deleat the game? Not enough space? You can copy VC-releases on your SD and start them from there since firmware 4.0.

4. Citan22

Citan22 New Member

i have not updated to the newest firmware because i do not want to lose my ability to load wads (but The Conduit will most likely force an update on me).

you are right though, next time i will just back up my save(s).

5. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

You can handle your wads as before, if you rund the wad-manager with the homebrewchannel. Only think you cant do with FW4.0 is using the zeldahack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.