1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Unexpected end of archive?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mystygirl, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mystygirl

mystygirl New Member

Hi everyone,

I am new to this so please have some patience.

My son just got a acekard 2 with 4g of storage and I am trying to get it running. I have downloaded the firmware and now he has 2 files: akmenu4.nds and __ak2. Now that this has been done I have tried to download games (bejeweled and big word puzzle. I have downloaded bejeweled from different locations.

I download the file to a folder I have created called Games. Once I have downloaded I go into the file 'games' and double click. WinRAR then starts up and starts extracting files in each instance I am receiving an error: Unexpected End of Archive. I assumed it may just be one of the games which is why i have downloaded it a couple of times and I still get the same error.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be? I am starting to think it is the card. I have been told that it will just unzip it with winRAR and automatically be added to my acekard. Is this correct.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It means that the download is corrupted.
    Download it again, and this time use a download manager like FlashGet www.flashget.com

This will let you resume broken downloads, where as your browser will just assume the download is finished any time it stops, making the file end unexpectedly.

3. mystygirl

mystygirl New Member

Thankyou TirithRR. It appears to download correctly, however, I will try this way just to eliminate any doubt on the issue.

May I just ask is the theory basically right though? If the file downloads correctly I will just unzip it with WinRAR and it will automatically be added to the acekard 2?

Much thanks! :)

4. TirithRR

It depends on the location of the download. If you download it to your computer and then choose "Extract" it will extract the .NDS file to your computer. You will then have to move it onto the card.

5. mystygirl

mystygirl New Member

So is it possible to just download the zip file to the acekard and then extract it there, or will take up needless space on it?

6. TirithRR

It's possible, but it takes up a lot more space.
    It's easier just to download to your computer, extract the file, then move it to your card.

To make things simple, just make a folder called "NDS Games" on your desktop and save all the downloads there.

7. mystygirl

mystygirl New Member

Ok, will do. Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions. Have a fantastic day :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.