1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Unable to Connect to WiFi

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Stanley Richards, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

This weird problem started when I went on WiFi on my Nintendo DS when playing GTA Chinatown Wars. I was like wondering what the WiFi did, besides just save random stuff, So I tried it out and stuff. It just gave me some "Saved successfully" thing and stuff. So I got out of the game, then went on Mario Kart. I was wondering how Online on Mario kart was, so I tried to connect, but failed. I also tested my connection which was working for GTA Chinatown Wars, and it failed to pick up an access point. it gave me that 51300 error or something. Can anyone help me?

2. linkfan551

linkfan551 Well-Known Member

Using a flashcart or retail?

If flashcart what one/FW version?

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071219233033AAz1YhK

Or try resetting your Wifi router and your internet connection.

4. Stanley Richards

Original R4, running Wood R4 for original R4s 1.08.

I was JUST on wifi earlier. And I resetted my internet a few times already. But to no avail.

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Dang...Not sure then... =\

6. Stanley Richards

Odd, it works on Pogo, but not Mario kart. I probably have a broken ROM.

7. matthew.villa

matthew.villa Well-Known Member

i also have a problem connecting to wifi. i chose my router name and type i the code and test and its got at least 2 bars it goes and i cant connect. this is the same for my sisters ds as well.

we're both runnin wood r4 v1.08 on orginal r4 AND i can still connect with my wii

any help

Matt

the code it gives me is 52100 if tht is any help

8. Stanley Richards

Well, my problem is semi-solved. Anyone can help Matthew here?

9. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

For matthew, you need to turn off some of the security on your router. Something about it is making it so the DS can't connect. It is usually a type of security that the DS can't correctly identify due to the fact that the options when setting up your connection are limited in terms of security on the DS. Mess with the security a little bit and see what you can do.

10. matthew.villa

matthew.villa Well-Known Member

i dont know how to do that. it doesnt matter as much cause i have a usb connector and that i dont think my step dad will want me to do so

but thank you anyway for your help

11. tamorak

tamorak Member

Well, typically what you can do to see if there security enabled on it is type 192.168.1.1 (this is the most common router IP address) in your address bar of firefox (or whatever internet browser you're currently using). That should bring up the page for XYZ modem/router you are using. If you can get on that, and paste the specific security settings we can probably help you out with it. It will either be in Security or the Wireless page, it just depends on the type of router or modem you have.