1. This forum is in read-only mode.

UMD's compatible with PSP CFW 5.50 GEN-D3

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by timmy1991, Dec 5, 2010.

1. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I bought a PSP that had the PSP custom firmware 5.50 GEN-D3 installed on it, and I was wanting to know what retail PSP UMD's I can play on it. So far, the only one I know of is Crisis Core, since it came with the PSP

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You can just dump the games to the Memstick you know? Or to your computer and then the memstick.

Older games for sure. All of the LocoRocos and Jak and Daxter the Final Frontier.

3. timmy1991

I know, but my memstick is only 2GB, and I don't want to have to swap my games from my memstick to the computer every time I want to play a different one.

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

You can get something like this along with two 16GB MicroSD cards to bump up that capacity to 32GB if you're worried about space.

5. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

That thing says it has a max of 16gb-Ive a couple coming from Lightake I ordered 3 weeks ago.

And Timmy,do you want someone to post 100's of game titles.

6. LuckyTrouble77

16gb in each slot. If you look in the comments, there are people very happy with a 32GB total capacity.

7. theunderling

I would need to test it out for myself or someone I trust.

Maybe someone could confirm what the truth is LOL

8. LuckyTrouble77

I guess 16gb was initially the highest capacity the PSP was supposed to be able to use or something like that, but it has no issues dealing with 32gb (and this is with older adapters when they were first being made).

9. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

believe me, you can use two 16 gb on it, but have to be the same so it works properly. i also believe every you can play up to god of war: ghost of sparta o UMD, not sure about games newer than that.

10. theunderling

I ordered the adaptor and 2 x 8gb cards,its a pity because I would have just ordered 2 x 16gb cards instead.But at least I know for the future...

11. timmy1991

I was actually hoping someone could send me a line to where I can find what UMD's work on this firmware

I will look into that dual microSD adapter

12. theunderling

What about Prom-2-are you updating to that

13. rexasaurus

rexasaurus Member

I have one of those, with DUAL 16GBs in it. Works like a charm.

14. timmy1991

I ordered it, but I only ordered 1 16GB card to keep the price down, but I have an extra 4GB microSD I can throw into the second slot

I'm new to the PSP CFW scene, what is this?

EDIT:
    Never mind, you were talking about Prometheus-2, which I just installed over my GEN-D3

15. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Update it to Prom-3, then you can play more of the latest titles.
    and you don't have to worry about which games you want to play.

16. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

actually to prometheus 4

17. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

That's unofficial release, since its not released by its creator(who has just quit), not sure what it can do to your PSP.
    But yeah, some people able to use it, so.. go ahead.

18. timmy1991

alright, I'll go find Prom-3 an update it... again