1. This forum is in read-only mode.

UEFA League 2008

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kanwarrulz_123, May 22, 2008.

1. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Anyone sees football ? I hope so someone cares to see it.

Chelsea Vs Manchester United, UEFA League Championship final.
    Yesterday, I was busy sitting at the edge of the seat for the finale. The match started when Frank Lampard hit the goal for Chelsea. Then, from nowhere Man U came back and hit a brilliant header. The match then went on the penalty shootout where Chelsea felt shot of just one goal. Shit, Chelsea had to win it.

2. einherjar

einherjar Well-Known Member

Yeah, Chelsae had to win indeed. But I'm glad Christiano Ronaldo missed... I can't stand that arrogant wussie

3. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

excuse me, you should have some respect for the world's best, einhejar. Chelsea put up a good fight, but in the end, the real winners as usual, are the Red Devils. and please explain how he is arrogant

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Manchester united are not the worlds best, I've seen them playing in real life and I have never seen such blatant disregard for the rules. the referees are scared of the backlash from the fans if they judge against them.

5. kanwarrulz_123

According to me Chelsea and AC Milan are the best club teams, right now.

6. dmac154

i am incorrect, i mean europe's best. i disagree with the fact that united fans will backlash. look at all the times manutd has played at stamford bridge, referees always favor chelsea. and chelsea had the advantage in the finals as their owner ibramovich, is russian. im not saying he did this, but he could have easily paid off the refs, as several coaches have done it in the past.

and to show how the refs are not afraid of backlash from fans, in the second to last game of the english premier league against west ham, Nani was sent off (redcarded), where he tackled a person from behind, so there is no disregard of the rules there, and i fully back the refs decision

7. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

Other way around

Cristiano Ronaldo's Header was at the 29th From a beautiful cross by Wes Brown
    Lampard's Poach was at the 45th when it deflected from 2 Man U Players

Pretty sad though that Terry Slipped and went wide for the game winner(PK) but ah well I find Cech overrated anyway and I had a gut feeling that Van Der Sar was going to be better at PKs, he's doing great for his age

Chelsea had the advantage? No Ronaldo got a lot of calls that should've went the other way or shouldn't have been called at all, he's like the LBJ of Football. The match overall was fair and great imo but still some calls that were blatantly obvious in the telly went the other way c/o the linesman *shrug*

And I agree with Einherjar. C. Ronaldo has a lot of talent and out of this season probably played the best but he's still an arrogant wussie

8. kanwarrulz_123

Sorry to say the other way around.

9. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Actually, it's the UEFA Champion's League Final. Chelsea should've won, for me. They completely dominated the second half, and only the post stopped Drogba's long range effort from going in. Then it went to penalties, and....dammit, John Terry, why'd you miss....

10. sla03rs

Luck basically canceled each other out but alas Chelsea did dominate Man U

Terry stopped a sure goal by giggs with a lucky block
    He slipped and missed his penalty *cancel out*

Ronaldo scores a goal
    Misses the penalty

Drogba and Lampard both had shots that hit the woodwork which was sad

11. dmac154

i disagree that Chelsea fully dominated Man U. look at the first half: how many shot did chelsea make? answer: 2. how many shots did man utd make? answer: 5. i agree however, that after Lampard scored Chelsea did dominate the game. but with penalty kicks, it was just sheer luck that we (Man Utd) won.

12. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Lucky block ??
    You've obviously never played football then as that was
    one of the most incredible pieces of defending ever seen...

Chelsea dominated that game...but as usual United
    win through an absolute fluke...just like 9 years ago..
    They make me sick...they're disgusting....them and all their glory-hunting
    fans who know nothing about football...
    Where would they be without Ronaldo's 40 odd goals??

As for C.Ronaldo being the best in the world...
    He's a great player....but more interested in moaning and falling over
    He's a pompous arrogant **insert swear word here**...
    He goes missing in big games, and a player who does that can never
    be called the worlds best...

He has scored 42 goals in all competitions this season....
    but a good proportion have been penalties and free kicks...
    Compare that to Fernando Torres....33 goals...all from open play

People called Ronaldo the worlds best last season....
    Then we got to see him play against Kaka and he was showed up...

Ronaldo ?? Don't make me laugh

13. sla03rs

you could argue it was luck, yes it was great piece of defending but he was in the right place at the right time as well i know terry is one of the best CBs in the world and his football iq is high as well that's why he was able to make "lucky" blocks. It was more of he was in the right place at the right time when the rebound was attempted. You're right too that it was quality defending because lesser defenders wouldn't have come close to that.

and your ASSumption is wrong I played for my high school and college team :|

14. iamlegend

Football IQ ?? ::)

15. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

the best team in my opinion is arsenal :p

but truly, it is Real Madrid

16. iamlegend

Not by a longshot...

17. sla03rs

Tactical know how i.e placing, technique and etc ::)

18. iamlegend

Football IQ suggests there's a way of calculating these things...
    but there's not...
    You've either got it....or you don't

19. Alita

Alita New Member

There's no way of calculating these things, they just happen. Maybe there's a bit of instinct involved.

20. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

You guys forget that a guy from HOLLAND! (I come from there) Stopped the penalty from Anelka and blocked Man U to the trophy ;D