1. This forum is in read-only mode.

UEFA Champions League 2009

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 93_soccer, Jul 18, 2008.

1. 93_soccer

93_soccer Member

who do u think will win the champions league this season??

i believe manchester united will be able to win the league and be the best club in europe for a second year in a row

2. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

it will all come down to who's better on that day

i'd just root for barcelona and real madrid XD

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Man united will never be the best club in Europe until they stop cheating and play properly. Having the biggest and most violent fanbase does not make them the best.

4. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

Loonylion, I thought you were a guy of full of smart thoughts. That was the stupidest idea I've ever heard you say.
    Cheating? Remember the last time they played Chelsea in the EPL? The last free-kick given to Michael Ballack, he DIVED! But yet still he was given a the free-kick (mind you, it was being played at Stamford Bridge). Look how many times ManUtd has played at other teams' ground and are not given fouls, when there are clear infractions of the rules by the opposing team...

Plus, its people like you who say they are not the best club and can't back it up. Furthermore, their EPL and UEFA titles for this year do prove they are the best in Europe. Consequently, its when haters start singling out a team, and therefore when their thoughts are heard, it sends a negative image on the team. You don't see me saying your team is a cheating team, in fact, I don't even know your favorite team.

Yeah, they do have a violent fan base, so freakin what? That doesn't make them the best, its their skill as a team, and as players that ultimately decide the outcome of a match, a league and a tournament.

5. Loonylion

I have been to a man united match, and as I said in a previous thread, I have never seen such blatant disregard for the rules. They fouled the other team repeatedly, shoved their players, and faked a major injury every time they tripped over their own feet. The referee let them get away with it, while coming down hard on infractions by the other team. This match was at the other team's stadium.

6. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

No! it can never be Man U winning anonther UEFA league cup. Chelsea is my contender winning this cup, but still there are not only contenders in EPL but Spanish and Italian club teams are also really good.

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You're right, Manchesthair United won't. (sorry, my friends always say this). Chelsea is quite good.

8. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

C. Ronaldo's one of the best divers in the world XD

9. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

Damn straight loony!!

10. dmac154

There are a lot of ManUtd haters on this forum... :(

11. kanwarrulz_123

Include me on the haters list. :D

12. syx

syx Active Member

Count me in!

13. 93_soccer

93_soccer Member

Man united will never be the best club in Europe until they stop cheating and play properly. Having the biggest and most violent fanbase does not make them the best.

what the hell are u talking about loony??? have u ever watched a proper epl game in ur life??
    can't u see as other ppl have said that when man u play at other grounds they are never given the proper fouls commited by other teams cause the refs just want man u to lose

14. Loonylion

Yes actually I have watched a proper game, I was there in the stadium. the referee was completely biased in favour of man united. I have never yet seen a man united game that wasn't loaded in their favour so stop trying to defend them. For your information the game I was referring to was held at the Sunderland Stadium of Light, so it wasn't a case of home team bias. But then what does one expect if man united take their own bloody referee to the game.

Also try typing legibly, 'u' is not legible.

15. kanwarrulz_123

Yes, I have seen many hits between players of Man U and other teams but the referee still goes in their favour.

16. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

I'll just do you all a favour and assure you that Liverpool will win the Champions League this year. Don't forget that we have been the most successful team in the tournament in the past five years with three semi-finals and one win. Plus we have Robbie Keane now so we will be even better :D

17. kanwarrulz_123

Liverpool also looks forwad to have a good league, saw the one in which they defeated AC milan ( if I am correct ).

18. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was 3 - 3. Liverpool were 3 - 0 down at half time and came back to win. I'll never remember that game, best game i ever saw!!! ;D

19. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

I find it hilarious to read the football threads on here,
    as no-one has any idea what they are talking about...

Full of idiots who think Man United are the best team ever,
    just because no-one has won as much in their lifetime..

The kind of people who watch Match of the Day and take whatever
    Lineker and Hansen say as gospel...

20. dmac154

iamlegend, I have never said nor will I ever say that Manchester United is the best team ever. And neither has anyone else in this thread stated that.

Furthermore, they are the best European team right now, evidently because they have achieved the EPL title as well as the UEFA Champions League title.
    And I do not know who Lineker and Hansen are... and don't act like you don't watch the match of the day when Liverpool has a big victory...