1. This forum is in read-only mode.

U.S. roms on european NDS

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by thomsop, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thomsop

thomsop Member

Hi,

Just trying to find out if it's possible to play U.S. roms on a european NDS.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The Nintendo DS is not region locked. U, J, E, K, G, etc. They all work on all the DS.

3. thomsop

thomsop Member

Re: n/a

That's great, thanks for the info, I must be missing something then, I tried the arm7 injection but no joy, gonna have to look at other things I can do to make the rom work. Thanks.

4. lfcreserve2

lfcreserve2 New Member

try updating firmware for your cart from the manufacturers site before arm7 patch as this sometimes is all that is needed to allow games to run

5. thomsop

thomsop Member

Thanks, I'll go check the site, it was one of those xtreme 4gbit cards, it's also a ds lite, I think I said it was just a NDS, my apologies - would U.S. roms still play? I'll go check the card site and see if there's an update for the firmware. Thanks again, much appreciated.

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

There's no difference between the DS lite and the DS Phat besides the obvious, same carts still needed and still no region lock.

7. lfcreserve2

lfcreserve2 New Member

all region nds roms will run as they are not region encoded but beware some roms for europe marked "E"may not allways be english

8. thomsop

thomsop Member

The one I'm trying to get working is game marked 'U' rather than the normal 'E' that I go for. I upgraded the firmware of the xtreme site from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 beta and tried the rom, no joy, then tried the arm7 using the same sim donor rom I've always used and still no joy. It keeps coming up with the error 'no save game could be found' and refusing to load :-(

I'll keep looking, thanks for all the replies and help, much appreciated.

edit: I just found the max crass method on this forum so gonna give it a try, will keep you posted.

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You need to tell us what game it is exactly :)

Not just that it's U or E.

10. thomsop

thomsop Member

The game is:

3540 - Pokemon Platinum (U)(Xenophobia).rar

11. thomsop

thomsop Member

I got the game to work using the max crass method using dslazy but without having to use the max overload patcher as the forum guide said this isn't necessary. Just opened the rom, copied over the arm7 bin file and repacked the game.

It works a treat, thanks again to all who have helped.

12. Seph

Since the topic has changed I'm moving this to Technical Help.

13. hugh_murrell

hugh_murrell New Member

does any region game (platinum in this case for US) work on a European DSI?

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yes, only DSi specific games are region locked.

15. hugh_murrell

hugh_murrell New Member

awesome...ok just now I downloaded Pokemon PLatinum.nds rom for tomorrow when I get my Acekard 2i...I can just loads it up on my EU dsi and it'll be fine right? :)

16. Seph

As he just said, yes.

17. hugh_murrell

hugh_murrell New Member

awesome thanks for your help :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.