1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Two versions - same game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by justlittleme, Dec 6, 2008.

1. justlittleme

justlittleme Member

Can anyone shed some light on why sometimes the same game is released twice with the same title but two different companies? Example Madagascar 2 Escape to Africa (U) version? Example: 2952 - Madagascar Escape 2 Africa (U)(Xenophobia).rar and 3128 - Madagascar Escape 2 Africa (U)(OneUp).rar I have seen this with James Bond too. How do you know which one is better?

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Sometimes other groups re-dump another team's dump because it might have been a poor dump, filled with errors &/or junk.

And sometimes the release is of another version with other language packs in the game, this is very true with European games.

You sometimes can only tell which release is better by actually downloading them & testing them yourself. Sometimes you can find out on release lists sites like gbatemp, or ask here on RomUlation.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

most often theres no difference in them.

4. justlittleme

justlittleme Member

Thanks for the information. I am looking at this game for my grandchildren and was confused on which one to use. It is not on gbatemp yet but I will keep checking there Thanks again.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Oldest U region is French Canadian release. Newest U release is American English release.

6. gilgameHEARTS

gilgameHEARTS New Member

I wondered that, too, but didn't give it much thought. Thanks everyone. :)