1. This forum is in read-only mode.

TV said today download games are banned and against law now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shrekwilliam, Jul 29, 2010.

1. shrekwilliam

shrekwilliam Well-Known Member

hi i was watch cartoons and on a add of the news for kids it said today download games are banned and against law now and against the law to sell the r4 ect (i got one what i gonna do :'( )?

is it true :( ???

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

downloading games has always been against the law.

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You can not tell anyone you have an R4. :p

4. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I must be the only one that doesn't actually go outside and tells everyone how he is pirating ds games and playing it on the DS. I'm not about to go out and brag about how much i download illegally.

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I try to keep my brothers zipped, but they have been talking to one of their friends. I read them the article about the UK banning flashcarts and that got them a little creeped out. :p
    Plus, I just like to scare them with shit that could happen.

6. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Mom got me a DS when I was about 11. By accident it had a flashcart with it. Mom couldn't believe a DS with 20 first party games was only $200. That's why.

I found out how to put new stuff on about a half a year ago, and got and hacked a ps2 bout a month ago.

Mom says she feels bad every time I tell her I go on this forum. So I only told her once.

7. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

lol i tell all my freinds how i pirate games i was talking about it right next to policeman he didnt care the only peron who cares is someone from nintendo

8. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

everyone where i live from knows how to pirate, lol, there is even stores that sell pirated stuff like flashcarts, dvds with ds roms, and all that. The good thing is that i figured i could download roms, or i would be buying those dvds with ds roms :p

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

LOL!

This reminds me of those stupid adverts on TV awhile back comparing Digital Piracy to Grand Theft :p

"You wouldn't steal a car now would you? So stop buying Pirated movies!"

As if the two are comparable :p

And besides, because of Grand Theft Auto 2'S intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byw1DKLy7Zw

Stealing cars & being a criminal kinda kicks ass. Of course there's no chance in hell I'd be doing something like this.

10. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

The movie theatre ones are more hilarious with the "you wouldn't download a car, so don't download movies" crap, the only reason no one would download a car now is because you can't, but the second you can download shit and make them appear in the real world is the second downloadfreecars.com gets 500 billion hits in a day, The streets will be littered with pirated vehicles.

11. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

You'd need some type of printer too, I suppose.

But I'd think they'd invent code that becomes food before they write codes for car.

And the file for an apple will probly be like 200gb lol

12. Loonylion

3D printer, they already exist.

Problem is they cost millions and all they produce is a lump of plastic that looks like the object that was printed.

13. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Yeah didn't some guy make custom WoW figurines with a 3d printer, I remember reading it about it a year or so ago. Seems like you could send in your character and he would make a 3d model of it and I think it was only 4" tall and charged around $60-$80 a pop. Must have not gone over to well as I haven't heard anything of it since.

14. Loonylion

blizzard offer the service now.

15. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Ah! well I guess it did go over good then.

Seems like the same guy was doing custom Guitar Hero characters as well more I think back on it.

16. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

There is a big anti-piracy move recently, even commercials out there to tell people what piracy is and that it is against the law. It's not a new law, it's just informing people of the existing laws. You'd be surprised (or maybe not surprised) how many people don't think there is anything against the law happening. Just look at the frequent questions in these forums about "Is it illegal?"

17. shrekwilliam

shrekwilliam Well-Known Member

ok i dont tell any1 eccept my family becuase they bougth it me :pbut what should i do to keep my r4 where no one can know :p ???

18. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Sadly, almost everyone in Singapore who has a DS owns an R4, but does not know what the fuck it is.

19. Arron_zero

Arron_zero Well-Known Member

Isn't pirating pretty strict in S'pore? Over here, bout most CDs shops are pirated and the reason is... ...if they close off the pirated CDs shops, there wouldn't be any CD shops around here O.O

20. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Yet shops still encourage Piracy.