1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL]How to patch 5.55 games on psp for 5.00m33v6/5.50GEN-B use

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Hello-thank the good lord for this ;D

Now, We all have heard about the new firmware on psp-5.55-6.00 right?

Well they made a patch...that only worked on 5.50GEN-B, seems cool-but what about m33 users?

Well they made it-WE CAN PLAY DISSIDIA ON M33!!!!

(Note-this also works on 5.03GEN, HEN R2, and 5.03MHU-so some psp 3000's can use these tools-trial and error is required)

Now, here is what you need (google these-or use your normal psp news/homebrew site)

-Eboot Patcher v1.0 – Patch games to work with 5.00 M33-6 & 5.03 MHU

-Yoshihiro’s 5.55 & 6.00 games decrypter V2 Or v3-Please read on-you may not need the eboot patcher if you get this-but I have left it just incase-do read on

-UMD GEN 4.00

Seems easy enough-You see the patch for us m33 users needs 2 patches-one for gen-the other enables m33 usage.

Now, while the "5.55 & 6.00 games decrypter V2" for Gen-B has instructions-they seem...difficult at first-so I'm re-wording it basically.

Now for the guide (I will clean it up some time-sorry but I lack pics to use so bear with me)

1.Grab the required files and a game to use (back the game up)

2.Open your psp's memory stick and insert "5.55 & 6.00 games decrypter V2" into the game folder (the folder's contents shall assist-after you extract it it's inside the GAME folder-telling you where it needs to go)

3.With that open still (but head to the root/beginning of the stick's memory) open UMD GEN 4.00 (must be 4.00-any other's lack the features required)

4.Go to file>file listing>export -name it "Filelist" EXACTLY.

5.Locate the "eboot.bin" file which is in PSP_GAME>SYSDIR (optional-once done remove the update folder to conserve space)

6.Extract the eboot.bin (it'll still be there-but it'll be copied where ever you set it too)

7.Place the eboot.bin file inside the root (beginning-when you first open the memorystick up) of the psp's memory stick

8.Open "5.55 & 6.00 games decrypter V2" and do as it says...press x to patch :)

9.Now the confusing part...hook the psp up to your computer-check the root of the memory stick-look for a folder called "decrypter" and remove the eboot.bin inside (and delete this once done-and the one on the root still-that's the original-not required if you backed it up like I suggested :) ) and place it on your pc.

10.If your a 5.50GEN-B user ignore this part-this is for us m33 users

If you use v3 you don't need this part-however just incase v3 fails since it was updated so quickly-I shall leave the part in still

Use the program "eboot patcher v1.0" on the eboot-the program will let you know if you did something wrong.
    During my first use because I accidently placed it back into the iso prematurly and re-extracted it-the program failed-if it's done it right it'll say that it's been patched-and don't bother making a backup-if you did what i suggested then you can just re-start the process to avoid mistakes.
    The eboot.bin is patched for m33 play :)

[​IMG]

This is what the menu of the software that enables m33 user's to patch-it's easy-point and go :)

11.In UMD GEN head to the place in the iso where you got the eboot...shove it back in-if the original is still there as it's meant to just give the program the "ok" to replace it-if you deleted it...move on :)

12.Now go to File>file listing>import the "Filelist" you made earlier-say yes on "Do you wish to force file postitions to match filelist postitions".

13.Rebuild the iso-make it a cso/dax if you like, to rebuild (you can remove the system update afterwards-just delete it via right click) go to "save as" and give it a new name-I add "patched" to the end so I know which is which.

14.PLAY!

I have confirmed this to work on an aussie (euro or whatever) copy of dirt 2 which i dumped-unlike my nfs shift it needed this.

Any questions please pm me or ask me-Note that I will update this guide when I can-but I lack tools for pics to place...it is rather easy and the apps have thier own manuals to read-I just re-worded it as I made a mistake trying to understand it-that and to help out :)

Well I bid good luck!

EDIT:While some games work, the patching program fails to work on an euro copy of dissidia-best download the american version-that doesn't require the patch-same with need for speed shift-doesn't need patching (well the euro copy-works for me :) ).

Will attempt to try gran turismo portable on Friday-fingers crossed :)

2. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Just for information, we can play Dissidia using the normal 5.00m33-6 version only.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

If you got the american copy-I have the euro dump...

I got it working-the second patch doesn't work-all it needed thankfully is the GEN-B patch.

Only if you got the euro copy like me-I actually bought this and dumped it ;D

4. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Good thing I download the US version then, if not I'll still spinning my head around to figure out how to play it.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It seemed confusing but you'd get the hang of it XD

Dissidia...dirt 2..now for gran turismo next :)

6. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

mds, what are the games that need 5.55 and 6.00 ?

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Heroes
    NBA 2K10
    NBA 10 The Inside
    Obscure The Aftermath
    Undead Knights
    Minna no Sukkiri
    Macross Ultimate Frontier
    Gran Turismo The Real Driving Simulator
    Fifa 10
    Beaterator
    Naruto Shippuden Legends Akatsuki Rising
    Gran Turismo The Real Driving Simulator
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
    Shin Megami Tensei Persona
    Yu Gi Oh 5Ds Tag Force 4
    Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn Battle Arena 2
    Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu Portable 4
    Tantei Jinguji Saburo Hai to Diamond
    428 Fuusa Sareta Shibuya de
    Taikou Risshiden V
    Ys Seven
    Need For Speed Shift
    Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
    Dirt 2 [EUR] [Patched]
    MotorStorm Arctic Edge
    Rugby League Challenge
    AFL Challenge
    Disgaea 2 Dark Hero Days
    Fate Unlimited Codes
    Dissidia Final Fantasy
    IL 2 Sturmovik Birds of Prey
    Mawaskes
    Samurai Dou 2 Portable

I just copied this from my normal download site-correct me if any are not 5.50-6.00 or doubles.

Copy and past(ed) ;D

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

So, if you download games pre-patched with the 5.55 or 6.00 Decrypter, you can just patch the eboot.bin file with the new M33 patcher, and it will work right? I believe many games are already hosted as patched with Decrypter, making it one less step.

9. rell

rell Well-Known Member

i tried doing it the way you specified,and it didnt work.the cso file(naruto AR) gives me a 80020001 error code,i even put my region as eru.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Changing the region won't work, but what firmware is your psp on?

And what are some of the settings-the psp I use has the option "load boot.bin" disabled-if that's on it fails-the boot.bin is the other option.

And I use the sony driver for isos...

BTW-what firmware are you using-you didn't say.

Ah thanks for coming by :)

I believe so-I have yet to try to be honest but it should work.

I see no reason why not-just gotta have the Filelist.txt just to help re-create the iso when done.

If this get's moved then That will be noted :D
    Post Merge: [time]1255001886[/time]
    LOL!

We don't even need this anymore!

http://pspslimhacks.com/yoshihiros-game-decrypter-v3-released-supports-5-00-m33-cfw/

this guide shall be edited-you only need the one patch now :)

11. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Mds, what's a good site to download PSP ISOs, you know, the one that's free and easy to download.

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

www.pspisoz.com

It's affiliated with romU .

13. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Thanks man! :)

14. rell

rell Well-Known Member

im using m33-6, but im just going to downgrade to gen.i saw my friend at school playing the naruto game and yea..its kinda hard to leave m33 though,its the only cwf ive every used...

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

That new link-try that and see.

This new version apparently does m33 without the second patch.

Remember-you need to grab the eboot.bin file, use the dycryptor on the psp (file needs to be in the root or bigining of the stick) and after that ram that back into the iso.

We don't need the older way-which requires the "eboot patcher".
    Post Merge: [time]1255099321[/time]
    http://pspslimhacks.com/game-decrypter-v4-released-decrypt-up-to-ofw-6-10/

V4 now XD

(6.10 firmware y'all :) )

16. jazz-bot

jazz-bot Member

Ok, I'm using the latest Decryptor, but I have a problem. I copied Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories off two different UMDs, and neither of them work.

That is, once I have extracted the eboot.bin file, I go to Decryptor and try to use them with both modes (decrypt and decrypt+patch), but neither work, and I get an error saying "you have downloaded the x men 2 iso very bad guy ^_^ it’s a fake dump".
    Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it?

I mean, first of all, it's not a fake dump. I copied two GTA VCS ISOs from two different UMDs, so I doubt they are both bad dumps, and they are definitely not fake.

Also, I didn't even know there was X-men 2 for the PSP. I mean, maybe there is, but X-men 2? Why? I really need some help ASAP. I tried Google but.... nothing. I've seen others with the problem, but not how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You don't need this for that game-that game works fine on the latest cfw's.

what is your firmware?

(also this will become absolete-cfw 5.50 GEN-D is coming-it's built in now-NO MORE PATCHES!!!)

18. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

You gonna change to GEN-D mds ?

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I'll wait.

I lack a pandora (hence my soft hack guide) so not changing until it's something stable...that and a little homebrew trick.

some games use 2 folders to run (% folder type) that were made for firmware 1.50...

They can work on 5.00m33v6 by putting a 150.php into the root of the card.

Otherwise you need eloader-annoying...

If Gen can do this I might swap...

But...can it play psx games or does it need an add-on?

20. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Try it out on SvR10 from that place I told you about...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.