1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] How to Jailbreak your iDevice

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by necr0, Jan 21, 2012.

1. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Users wishing to unlock an iPhone 4S, are asked to stay on iOS 5.0.
    Please note, however, there is currently no unlock for the 4S that is free.

How to Jailbreak your iDevice
    By: Aeither

This is a tutorial on 'How to Jailbreak your iDevice'. This covers all iDevices up to A5.

All links to the software is provided. This is for educational purposes only. If you attempt to do this process, it is at your own risk.

Latest Greenposi0n: 6.1
    Latest Redsn0w: 0.9.12b2
    Latest Absinthe: 2.0.4

Step 1: The download

You will need one ingenious piece of software for this to work. The software, however, is different for each device so please make sure you download the right one for your device.

Non-A5 Devices

Redsn0w 0.9.4 (Windows): Download it here!
    Redsn0w 0.9.4 (Mac OS): Download it here!
    This Redsn0w jailbreak is for the iOS firmware: 3.1.3. If you firmware is not at this, do not download or update. If it is higher, download a newer version below.

Greenposi0n 6.1 (Windows): Download it here!
    Greenposi0n 6.1 (Mac OS): Download it here!
    This Greenposi0n jailbreak is for the iOS firmware: 4.2.1. If you firmware is not at this, do not download or update. If it is higher, download a newer version below.

Redsn0w 0.9.12b2 (Windows): Download it here!
    Redsn0w 0.9.12b2 (Mac OS): Download it here!
    This Redsn0w jailbreak is for the iOS firmware: 5.1.1. If you firmware is not at this, do not download or update.

A5-Devices

Absinthe 2.0.4 (Windows): Download it here!
    Absinthe 2.0.4 (Mac OS): Download it here! (.dmg)
    This Absinthe jailbreak is for the iOS firmware: 5.1.1 and A5 Devices. If you firmware is not at this, do not download or update.

Note: All files are uploaded by myself. Credits go to the makers of the jailbreak software.

Step 2: The install

To Jailbreak your device, obviously you need to prepare it. The guide below should get you ready for this.

1. After running the software, select the things you want to install. If you are not familiar with Jailbreaking, simply press 'Jailbreak'.

[​IMG]

2. The software will give you a run down on what is about to happen. Read it! It tells you important information and how to prepare your device
    After reading, click 'Next'.

[​IMG]

3. After clicking next, the software will commence its DFU guide. Follow these instructions well.

[​IMG]

4. The program will then do the rest.

Note: This was done with Redsn0w 0.9.12b3 on a Windows PC. It may be different on Mac OS and for older versions.

1. After running the software read the text above. Turn off your iDevice.

[​IMG]

2. Run the DFU guide. Make sure you follow these instructions carefully.

[​IMG]

3. The program will do the rest.

Note: This Jailbreak was done with Greenposi0n 6.1 on a Windows PC. It may alter on a Mac OS.

I need an iPhone 4S to make a tutorial. Since I don't have one, I can't really make one but I'm sure you can find a guide online.

Step 3: The Cydia setup

Cydia is the main program for all your needs when Jailbreaking your device. To get it working, you need to do some awesome stuff.

1. Select 'Manage' and then tap on 'Sources'. Then tap 'Edit' in the top right corner and then tap 'Add'.

[​IMG]

2. Add the following sources:

• http://repo.insanelyi.com/
    • http://cydia.hackulo.us/

3: Wait for them to install!

Installous 4 provides you with a wide range of cracked applications. This allows you to download games, apps, tools and more; all for free.

1. Go to the Hackulo.us source. After going in, select 'Installous 4'. You will need to scroll down!

[​IMG]

2. Tap 'Install' and then 'Confirm'. Wait for it to download and install. You will need to restart your device or springboard.

3. Run Installous and choose your apps. Enjoy!

2. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

will this unlock my fathers 4gs o.o?

3. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Update:
    [*] Updated Absinthe to 0.3
    [*] Minor text change

4. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

so u mean i cant unlock it since 4gs (a5 devices) donot support The ultra sn0w jailbreak?

5. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Yep. A5 devices (iPad 2, iPhone 4S) have new code. For a unlock, Ultrasn0w needs to be re-coded to support the 4S lock.
    An unlock should be available soon.

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

A problem has occurred with my Mediafire and a few links have been deleted. I'll get them working ASAP.

7. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Update:
    [*] Updated Absinthe to 0.4
    [*] Updated Redsn0w to 0.9.10 b5
    [*] Added new announcement
    I am working on an unlock tutorial to add. It should be done later today.

8. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

Aiether i dont think you should name it after your self, since you really havent done anything, maybe that could be the reason your files got deleted, give credit to their respectable owners/devs

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

He wrote the tutorial, therefore he's entitled to give himself credit for that. the files getting deleted is highly unlikely to have any relation to him writing this tutorial.

10. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

yea but still, The file belongs to the Creator

11. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

It was my fault the files got deleted.

I deleted them myself, but when I tried to upload the newer versions, it stuffed up. They're fixed now.

12. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Redsn0w 0.9.10b5c has been released. I'll add the link soon aswell as a Unlock Tutorial.

13. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

can you pm me if ultrasn0w is released for a5 devices such as iphone 4s

14. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Will do. I'll post it here as well, but I'll make sure I pm you.

15. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

thankyou Aeither!
    My dad is in a rush for a unlock XD

16. kidkudo1

kidkudo1 New Member

17. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Your welcome. Hope I helped.

18. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Update:
    [*] Updated Redsn0w to 0.9.10 b5c

19. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

An update for Redsn0w has been released.
    I will add the new links ASAP.

Also, 4S unlockers should be happy.
    According to a website, a 4S ultrasn0w lock is not far away.

20. scept1c

scept1c New Member

nice one, worked for my 5.0.1 3gs, thx