1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[tutorial] Hacking a 4.2 Wii

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Sbf93, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

As I noticed yesterday Nintendo made a new update, which makes it even harder than before to get a Wii homebrew-ready.
    Guide:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jhwzt4dyjt3
    Files:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rwynthzjz0j

Password for the guide is Amarokz

Thats not my creation and its made from Amarok on gbatemp.net! I just want to share this with you.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Should add "links to tutorial" in the title.

I heard this update may brick some consoles that aren't modded...scary eh?

3. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

oh, then i dont download, mine is enough bricked (needs fully repair, but i dont can do it)

4. giratina16

giratina16 Member

i doubt nintendo would publish an update that kills an unmodded console

5. yoshi2889

no, Nintendo would not kill a console that they made by them self, and mine is bricked because of SD card...

6. sadboy

sadboy Guest

nintendo real firmware 4.2 will brick your system so dont update pirate are real till it gets fixed bye nintendo are pirate

7. Sbf93

Sbf93 Well-Known Member

I read this long enough now!
    To make it clear, your Wii will work after update and dont get brick. Sure there is a higher possibility now but you can use bootmii to install the old fw again if there are problems.

And dont tell me I lie, I tested on two softchipped Wiis, the first one havent any problems with the update and the second one gets bricked first, but after installing a NAND-backup I created before I make a second try and it worked corerectly.

8. yoshi2889

ok... mine Wii does pick the channel, but freezes. the channel must have a picture, no? now, it does not have by freez-time, either: i must get the power out of it, others it isnt listening anymore to the power button and reset button. it does either only in the sd-channel or the system options-data-channels-SD

9. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Shouldn't this go into the Tutorials section? More people want to know how to do things there =/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.