1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter freezes randomly

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Makatak, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makatak

Makatak Member

I'm using Project64 to run Turok. And the game occasionally freezes (no sound, no movement, nothing) while playing. But what's worse, it usually happens after saving the game using a save-state. I have to switch to a different slot every time I save just in case the game freezes afterward, so I can go back to a previous slot.

At first it was a rare occurrence that could easily be overlooked. But now its been happening more frequently; half the time it just happens out of the blue, not just when I save. It's nearly impossible to progress now.

Also, I would like to know if there's a work-around for the "Game Controller Pak not found" issue so that I could also make some normal game saves, rather than rely totally on emulator saved-states.

2. fgghjjkll

fgghjjkll Well-Known Member

you obviously havent set your contollers to be connected. Please do this like i have done in the picture ( http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6299/pj64controller.png ). and also, does your computer meet project64's minimum requirements? maybe you should experiment with the graphic and sound settings a bit and see what works best for you. ( i use jabo's direct3d6 for my UMPC to get rid of the stuttering in lots of games )

3. Makatak

Makatak Member

well that solves the pak save problem.

As for freezing; I've also tried D3D6 but that doesn't solve the freeze issue. And I've discovered that the game almost always freezes when I die on level 3, but not on level 1 or 2.

4. fgghjjkll

fgghjjkll Well-Known Member

is there lots of action in level 3? prolly lags soo much, it freezes.

5. Makatak

Makatak Member

now that I think I about it, I do encounter enemies more frequently and they respawn more often. But I still hope there's some way to prevent that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.