1. This forum is in read-only mode.

TTDSi freeze while loading ANY game

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by DeMatador, Sep 30, 2011.

1. DeMatador

DeMatador Active Member

Well, it's not technically TTDSi, it's an R4i Pocket (flashcarts are expensive here in Argentina :/ ), with dual firms (menu says R4DS-TTDS). I was playing all my old ROMs on both R4DS and TTDS firms (except games that needed a TTDS firm fix, of course), until some games that used to work started giving loading errors. The last time I had reformatted my SD card (4 GB Kingston card, just in case) had been ages ago, so I just figured I could backup and reformat to FAT32.

All fine and dandy, backup'd 3 gigs worth of games and music, reformatted, and copied everything back into the card. Then tried on my DSi and what's this? No game will load! That's right, whether it's 4 years old like Kirby's Canvas Curse or an year old like Layton and the Unwound Future, every single ROM freezes the TTDS loader while the grey loading bar is filling (top screen reads "Loading...", circly thing on lower-left corner freezes). I confirmed this with pretty much every single ROM I previously had, and with new ROMs I recently downloaded.

Turns out the R4DS firm can load all those games (yay!), but of course, it can't run any games that require fixes due to AP (like the recent Kirby Mass Attack and Aliens Infestation). So I can play my oldies, and that's awesome, but I'm dying to try out Mass Attack!

tl;dr: My TTDSi freezes while loading any game, what do?

EDIT: BTW, sorry if this has been answered elsewhere on RomU, I looked it up and found nothing.

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

did you try using ysmenu as secondary firmware?

3. DeMatador

DeMatador Active Member

Sorry for the rookieness, but what exacly do you mean by installing it as secondary firmware? I am familiar with YSMenu but I didn't understand that. Do you mean installing it as a third firm, or over one of the existing ones (R4DSi and TTDSi).

Wait, my TTDS firm has the regular TTMenu interface, but inside the TTMenu folder on my SD card I see files such as "YSMenu1.bmp", "YSMenu2.bmp" and "YSMenu.ini"...

Do you reccomend backuping games and music, reformating and making clean installs? Could help solving this mess...

4. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

what i meant is having your original firmware's card. than adding ysmenu for clones which should be as an .nds file. than you run it through the original firmware.

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Do you have any files like TTMENU.dat root of microsd and ttpatch.dat in ttmenu folder ?

extinfo.dat exceed it's limit on 900 titles causing this freeze

Them files are modified in RGF new firmware http://filetrip.net/f26309-RetroGameFan-Multi-Cart-Update-6-69.html

I would suggest replace both TTMENU.dat and ttpatch.dat modified ones.

Also my updates for TTMenu folder for they latest games http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.msg1321753#msg1321753
    Post Merge: [time]1317481543[/time]
    Made a build DSTT - DSTTi

Added They latest usercheat.dat - Modified TTMENU.dat and ttpatch.dat

TTMenu_en-5842_Build

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/GRKTIVCF/

Changelog 5842

Code:
    fixed - BXVP - XXXX Bakugan - Rise of Resistance (EU)
    fixed by RGF - BXYE - XXXX X-Men Destiny (EU)
    fixed - CB9P - 5842 Harvest Moon DS Grand Bazaar (EU)
    fixed - B38E - 5841 Jewel Master Collection (US)
    fixed - B5ZE - 5840 Zhu Zhu Pets Quest for Zhu (US)
    fixed - BXYE - 5839 X-Men Destiny (US)
    fixed - VMZE - 5838 Barbie Jet Set and Style (US)
    fixed - B79P - 5837 Aliens Infestation (EU)
    fixed - BZFP - 5836 Phineas and Ferb Across the Second Dimension (EU)
    fixed - VMZP - 5835 Barbie Fashionista inc. (EU) (GE,IT,ES)
    fixed - BKQE - 5834 Pucca Power Up (US)
    fixed - TADE - 5833 Kirby Mass Attack (US) (CLEAN and PATCHED)
    fixed - B6WE - 5832 Dreamworks 2 in 1 Party Pack (US)
    fixed - BMVX - 5831 Mahjong Mysteries Ancient Egypt v1.1 (EU)
    fixed - VCAY - 5830 Cars 2 The Video Game (EU) (FR,IT,ES) (DSi Enhanced)
    fixed - BKUE - 5829 Harvest Moon A Tale of two Towns (US)
    fixed by RGF - VP9E - 5828 The Penguins of Madagascar Dr. Blowhole Returns - Again! (GE-NL) (DSi Enhanced)
    fixed by RGF - VP9X - 5827 The Penguins of Madagascar Dr Blowhole Returns Again (US) (DSi Enhanced)
    fixed - TADJ - 5803 - Atsumete Kirby (JP) (CLEAN and PATCHED)
    added 5584 - Pokemon Volt White v3.03c (E)(CLEAN)
    added 5584 - Pokemon Volt White v3.03c (E)(FULL)
    added 5585 - Pokemon Blaze Black v3.03c (E)(CLEAN)
    added 5585 - Pokemon Blaze Black v3.03c (E)(FULL)

6. DeMatador

DeMatador Active Member

Okay guys, thanks for everything! I backed-up everything, did a clean install of TTMenu and YSMenu, and now games seem to be loading correctly again! (At least, Kirby Canvas Curse does)

Right now I'm updating everything by RGF's files, and if that fails, I'll be using your files, Jhon.

Once again guys, thanks for everything! :)

7. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

OK welcome, Just to help RGF is missing a few minor updates i have added

5829 Harvest Moon A Tale of two Towns (US), Refixed AP and saving issue

And fixed

fixed - BXVP - XXXX Bakugan - Rise of Resistance (EU)
    fixed - CB9P - 5842 Harvest Moon DS Grand Bazaar (EU)