1. This forum is in read-only mode.

TTDSi doesn't work on DSi after repairs...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by skeyi, Jun 23, 2011.

1. skeyi

skeyi New Member

Hello.

I had a DSi with a cracked screen.
    I sent it to Nintendo to repair it, and it arrived today. So I decided to play my TTDSi...
    and the black screen error of death pops up.

I heard around that Nintendo upgraded to block all rom things, but...
    Is there a way to fix this? Please help me!

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Unfortunately, nothing you can do about the DSi firmware that probably been upgraded by Nintendo during the service/repairation without your pre-consent.

Only possible solution is to upgrade/update your TTDSi flash cartridge in order to bypass that updated DSi's firmware. Only problem is, you'll need another DSi/NDSL that's not yet upgraded/updated that can still read your TTDSi to perform the updating, that is if there is an update for the TTDSi available to bypass the latest DSi firmware that's already in your system. In another word, you need to borrow someone else's NDS/DSi to perform the updating of your TTDSi flash cartridge for it to work on your own DSi again. Good luck.

3. skeyi

skeyi New Member

It updated to 1.4.2, and I looked around for a working fix.
    None yet, so far. I really don't want to buy another card....

4. pong20302000

pong20302000 Member

there is a update

[​IMG]

please wait a few days for it to surface

5. skeyi

skeyi New Member

...3DS?
    I don't have a 3DS, but would the mentioned fix work for DSi?

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Warning Alert!

For those of you using DSi. There's a newer firmware update released on 29th June 2011; namely v.1.4.3.a.
    It'll block all flash cartridges except CycloDSi iEvo. Be careful not to accidentally upgrade the DSi firmware when going online. As there is yet any flashcart that release upgrade to overwrite the new released firmware.
    Make sure to upgrade your flashcart when an update is released before upgrading your DSi. Otherwise you will not be able to play using your flash carts.

Source: Shadow from GBATemp.net

7. Abbafan1972

Abbafan1972 Well-Known Member

Is there a link to it?